IGNORED

Is this a bad time of year to sell on ebay?

AtariLeaf

I've only recently started selling a few things in the past couple of months and did ok. I've got some things up now that aren't even getting looks hardly - Atari 8 bit games, TG-16 games, PS1 games, that I've never had a problem selling before.

With Christmas hangovers and bills, is this a bad time of year to sell? I'm thinking of just cancelling all these auctions that I have up.

I've only recently started selling a few things in the past couple of months and did ok. I've got some things up now that aren't even getting looks hardly - Atari 8 bit games, TG-16 games, PS1 games, that I've never had a problem selling before.

With Christmas hangovers and bills, is this a bad time of year to sell? I'm thinking of just cancelling all these auctions that I have up.

what the link or your seller name? Im curious in the tg 16 games?

I'm at the point now where I'll just list something at a BIN price and keep it up there until it sells. Stuff will eventually sell and this way, you don't have to bother with relisting, etc. Cost is super cheap too to list that way.

But yeah, as far as running a real auction goes, this is the worst time of year to do so. People are broke and getting back to work. Tax time... definitely better than now.

I usually stop listing December 23rd and then list things past February. Most people start getting unburied and they either know or have in hand their tax refunds.

I tried to list a laptop recently. The girls want to upgrade so I have to sell the old ones. No bids. It's not a bad system - couldn't even get $149 opening bid. I'm going to wait until March to sell them and bite the bullet and dish out the money now.

I have had mixed success the past few weeks, sold a few items, had to list 2 times for two of the 3 sales I've done for the beginning of Jan. Also have had 2 items go unsold after 2 listings. I do the BIN sales though, so like what has been said already its cheap to list multiple times this way. I generally make the BIN price slightly higher than I think I can get and accept 10-15% lower via best offer.

As a buyer I found a few good buys recently, not much people bidding on actual auctions it seems. I got a 2600 Jr. with a 7800 and a bunch of games for like 45 shipped about a week ago, only had one other bid. Of course, my girlfriend is going to sleep unfulfilled as a side effect of all the time I spend searching ebay these days.