IGNORED

XE Light Gun

jetset

So my three year old is really starting to dig on my classic games systems. Unfortunately his hands are too small for most controllers, so I figured what the hell, I'll break out the light gun with Crossbow and Barnyard Blaster and he absolutely LOVES BB. Unfortunately the lightgun is way off. Oddly enough I remember reading up on it years ago when I bought it and knew there were problems but honestly mine was always fine. It wasn't DEAD on but it was close. I haven't dug it out in over a year, and now it's off a bit.

Any ideas on adjusting it?

I don't think there is any adjustment unless something has been knocked out of position.

Try turning up the brightness of your TV, or mod a Sega gun

I plugged my sega gun in and tried crossbow and it fires when I pull the trigger but the screen just keeps on flashing and the game beeps every two seconds, I had it apart and the trigger switch does not have the tabs for no nc like some of the sega guns, is there an interface that someone sells for these? Like an adapter if there is could someone pleae direct me to the site, thanks, as I have never used a light gun with an atari anything as no one I knew anywhere even hear of them, the first one I though was for nes duck hunt, but 20 some years later I find out that atari used it too.

I don't think there is any adjustment unless something has been knocked out of position.

Try turning up the brightness of your TV, or mod a Sega gun

I plugged my sega gun in and tried crossbow and it fires when I pull the trigger but the screen just keeps on flashing and the game beeps every two seconds, I had it apart and the trigger switch does not have the tabs for no nc like some of the sega guns, is there an interface that someone sells for these? Like an adapter if there is could someone pleae direct me to the site, thanks, as I have never used a light gun with an atari anything as no one I knew anywhere even hear of them, the first one I though was for nes duck hunt, but 20 some years later I find out that atari used it too.

You should be able to test by holding the fire button and releasing it and re-pulling it to fire to see how the accuracy is of the sega gun i would think.

Haven't tried it but this may serve as an adapter for the fire button being reverse http://133fsb.wordpress.com/2010/05/08/sega-light-phaser-to-atari-xg-1-adapter/