IGNORED

Rybags and Brisbane

Heaven/TQA

I'm in Canberra... about 1100 km away from Brisbane.

We've had massively over average rain here for probably 10 weeks now.

Nearby Queanbeyan got flooded a few weeks ago, river rose something like 12 metres - it's just downstream from the dam, and the dam went from ~ 40% to overfull in a matter of months.

Where I am there's no risk of flood, I'm in a fairly elevated position probably 100 metres or more higher than most lakes/rivers around here.

As for Brisbane and surrounds - looks like anything up to 20,000 homes might be either destroyed or unlivable. And they're far from the end of it.

You have to ask whats going on with the planet, look at the number of awful disasters happening on a way way too frequent scale.

Makes me wonder if someone is playing with the weather...

Btw, glad you and yours are ok Ry..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Glad you're high and dry. I hope to visit Australia at least once in my life and find out if you're all really like Paul Hogan. :)

You know the famous "Now, that's a knife" scene where Dundee takes out his hunting knife when the kids try to mug him? That's Gary whipping out his hot-rodded VBXE A8. :D

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Nothing really much bad here locally other than the flooding I already mentioned that was a few weeks back. We also had gale-force winds that knocked down heaps of trees.

Aside from all that, it's just been a Summer that's a mix of wet days and the odd hot one.

Brisbane though... it and surrounds are shaping up to be our version of Katrina, although somewhat smaller scale.

After seeing video's of car parks turning into fast flowing rivers and washing cars away I have to think how bloody scary it must be for folk over there. When I think of Oz I think of glaring heat and blue skies, not visions that look like the end of the world...

Be safe Oz folk...

You have to ask whats going on with the planet, look at the number of awful disasters happening on a way way too frequent scale.

Makes me wonder if someone is playing with the weather...

There's nothing going on now that's any worse than in the past, it's just with the internet and global reporting at an all-time high, you hear about every last little thing in great detail where in the past whole COUNTRIES could disappear and you might not hear a thing for years, if ever. ;)

C'mon, don't ruin my conspiracy :)

It's global warming, I tell ya!

Causing one of the coldest winters across the entire US and record snowfalls in some states that haven't seen snow in nearly a decade. Funny how warming can cause extreme cold. What's next - blaming droughts for flooding :D

Hi everyone, I am from Bundaberg (Queensland Australia) we are getting a bit sick of the flooding and rain. Flood water covered 100's of houses here, went down for two weeks to let everyone clean up, then came up to the roof line again 2 days ago and covered buildings again! I had no problems, hence my Atari collection is all good, but still have to help others in need.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I was in Brisbane when the raining started for this. I've never seen rain like it before. And that is coming from an Englishman.

Luckily my flight back was a couple of days into the main rain and so I didn't see the worst of it, but my family in Brisbane did. The good thing was, they are on high land.

I remember going to the Suncorp stadium to watch Brisbane Roar and it tipped it down. Days later when back in the UK, I saw a canoeist on the news approaching a goal's crossbar.

Then I heard of crocodiles being found 100 miles inland. Incredible.

• Like 1