IGNORED

Cheap PCB manufacturer + design prog HELP

Game-Tech.US

Just curious if any one here has any good or bad experiences to share with any pcb manufacturers.

Also, what prog do you use for design?

Seems to be an endless choice for each...

I've got a number of small boards I want made, in limited quantities, but am just starting to get to the point where I'm going to want to know who to use and what progs are best for design.

I've actually used pcb123 from sunstone, it was awesome to learn, but it seems to be too constricted for use with sunstone companies for manufacture, and seemed way too expensive. Also tried KiCAD and ExpressPCB, wasn't impressed with either.

So i'm going to check out Altium, it was compared with pcb123 on their site and got a lot of good marks, better than Eagle and OrCAD barely had any good marks.

I've used Eagle for a few projects and find it works pretty well, although it helps to get a little training with it first. I'd had boards done cheaply by Seeed Studio in China as part of their Fusion service for open-source projects, and I think you can also use BatchPCB (from SparkFun) and some larger shops like Gold Phoenix.