IGNORED

Ebay venting

Reaperman

Back on the 8th I ordered myself a nice ps2 slim power supply from a mega-seller in asia. I payed the normal way with the 'pay now' button, as I've done *thousands* of times before, but when I bought my next item I noticed that the power supply wasn't marked as paid (ebay wanting me to pay for it again the next time I paid for an item). I checked paypal, saw that the payment was there and seemingly correct, so I marked it paid in ebay and thought no more of it.

Until this morning when I awoke to a happy non-payment claim giving me until the 18th to pay. I naturally responded with the transaction number, but english is going to be a second language with them, and they've sold tens of thousands of items, so I imagine they're going to go by what the ebay menu says.

Now in my head, I know neither of us--the seller or me--have really done anything wrong. I can pay the stupid $6 item again (and *maybe* it will work this time) or I can fight the non-payer claim, then the seller who won't send me the item, and finally paypal for my money back. Those are my options, right?

It seems that this isn't fair for either of us, so I went to ebay support chat...for about 45 minutes...where I got the most blatant run-around I've ever had, to the point where I'm not sure if ebay actually shows my paypal payment (or just that I marked it paid) and I'm not even sure if the paypal transaction ID is enough to get them to side with me on the non-payment claim, since the helpdesk I already chatted with had no paypal access.

I don't know what to do on this one. I'm tempted just to pay for the darn thing again, since every time I sneeze life costs me more than $6... That shouldn't be enough money to get me upset, but it is and I don't know why. I think it's the claim vs. personal contact for initial non-automated communication.

Don't give up on this one; if you paid with PayPal they should be able to verify it. Get them to call the Ebay help desk. I had them do this before, and the individual I was speaking to was more than happy to do this for me. Check your account history records again to verify it and give them a call. F*** Ebay...stick it to them!Cheers, FB :cool:

Yeah, this is an easy fix. You should probably contact Paypal first, and they can help with the verification process. I had something similar happen not too long ago, but with my quick response with my receipts showing shipment, etc., I blasted that BIATCH out of her con-artist water.

Interestingly enough, looking closer at the claim, it seems that ebay itself opened it up(?)

Do they actually do this automatically after 7 days? Why?

eBay opened an unpaid item case for Power Cord Slim AC Adapter Charger Supply for Sony PS2, because tomtop_shop either hasn't recorded your payment or didn't receive it yet.

I got an email last night from the seller saying that everything is actually fine between us--they have payment and the item shipped days before this mess. Claim's still open, I still have until the 18th to pay "or else," and the system won't even let me pay again, it returns an error that it's already been paid. Seems like I should just sit back and let this one sort itself out a bit.

If ebay starts removing my privileges based on this dick move of theirs(?), I doubt I'll fight for them back and just take my thousands/year elsewhere.

Their system's usability and friendliness has been going downhill for the last half decade or so.

Edited by Reaperman