IGNORED

FS: Atari 800XE (on eBay)

jpx72

Hi guys!

I just wanted to show you my latest auction on eBay for Atari 800XE:

Feel free to ask me anything! I can run on it any program you like to test it before you bid. Or if you want more photos, let me know!

Thanks

PS: next month I will have some Czechoslovakian old computers for sale on eBay also, Didaktik M (for sure) and PMD 85-2 (maybe, I still haven't decided if I want to let this one go).

EDIT: auction cancelled

Edited by jpx72

Hi

"he" is not happy with your "let him do it" attitude :)

Meh no, I have posted this item's price according to the only 800XE on eBay at about 140GBP. I will gladly reconsider, just hit me with some other sites with auctions to the whole world...

...he wents off to check Amazon ... :D

Well no auction on amazon. But feel free to make an offer, but consider that this computer was sold only in EU, and it's still never-opened. Also - how many sellers offer you to test it with any code or give you so much photos? I have never seen anybody to do such a thing (well on eBay, not taking to consideration close friends on forums like Atariage)

Well shipping 2,5kg from EU to USA is from my country 26€ (cheapest, 2nd class, no insurance, no tracking number). An ordinary NES costs about 20€ here. That's 46€ together for a used game console. Don't you think that a computer should coust more than 60usd shipped (around 45€)?

And it's not exactly 65XE:

"The Atari 800XE was the last 8-bit machine produced by Atari. It was almost the same machine as the 800XL with a case almost the same as the 130XE. It was only sold in East European countries, mainly Germany and Poland.

The main hardawe difference with the 800XL was FREDDIE, a new memory management custom chip (also found in the 65XE) allowing to address up to 128 KB of RAM and to better share RAM area with ANTIC, the graphics chip.

The 800XE could be easily upgraded to 128 KB by adding two memory chips on board. The layout of the I/O connectors was exactly the same as the 130XE. Some games which were developed for the 130XE were compatible with the 800XE, but not backwards compatible with the 800XL.

The 800XE had a short life, it was sold for less than one year."

I think it's pretty rare, considering the short selling life and "only sold in east EU".

I'm willing to sell it for 10 - 20usd less (than eBay price) but no more.

Edited by jpx72

The main hardawe difference with the 800XL was FREDDIE, a new memory management custom chip (also found in the 65XE) allowing to address up to 128 KB of RAM and to better share RAM area with ANTIC, the graphics chip.

not 100% correct, I have several 800XL's with FREDDIE chip installed

not 100% correct, I have several 800XL's with FREDDIE chip installed

I also have an 800XL with Freddie on board...

Well shipping 2,5kg from EU to USA is from my country 26€ (cheapest, 2nd class, no insurance, no tracking number). An ordinary NES costs about 20€ here. That's 46€ together for a used game console. Don't you think that a computer should coust more than 60usd shipped (around 45€)?

And it's not exactly 65XE:

"The Atari 800XE was the last 8-bit machine produced by Atari. It was almost the same machine as the 800XL with a case almost the same as the 130XE. It was only sold in East European countries, mainly Germany and Poland.

The 800XE could be easily upgraded to 128 KB by adding two memory chips on board. The layout of the I/O connectors was exactly the same as the 130XE. Some games which were developed for the 130XE were compatible with the 800XE, but not backwards compatible with the 800XL.

The 800XE had a short life, it was sold for less than one year."

I think it's pretty rare, considering the short selling life and "only sold in east EU".

I'm willing to sell it for 10 - 20usd less (than eBay price) but no more.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to lowball your auction... or making you an offer... I'm just telling you what I would pay for one...

As for this >Don't you think that a computer should coust more than 60usd shipped?

Actually I don't, but again that's MY opinion, and not one you have to agree with...

Seriously though, good luck selling, I'm sure someone will buy it from you at a price you are happy with!

As for this >Don't you think that a computer should coust more than 60usd shipped?

Actually I don't, but again that's MY opinion, and not one you have to agree with...

Seriously though, good luck selling, I'm sure someone will buy it from you at a price you are happy with!

Hehe - If I was in the market for one, I'd only offer $50 USD shipped; you should take his offer...

:)

Hmm thanks for the opinions on the price, but I can sell it locally with local pickup and no need to bother with post office for 40-50€. That's about the price those Atari "go" around here. I wanted to actually make some profit on it.

Anyway, I will be looking for an original adapter (I was selling it without one) and when I get it, I'll relist the computer (with the adapter) on eBay for around 80USD + shipping 40USD. Will bump this topic again...

PS I wanted to ask for an opinion on he listing - Was anybody impressed by the amount of info on the item or it was just confusing? Because wery few sellers will give you more than 1 or 2 photos or write more than a sentence or two about the item. I was trying to make an impression of a fair-trader.

Edited by jpx72

Hehe - If I was in the market for one, I'd only offer $50 USD shipped; you should take his offer...

When I saw it described as "unopened" and I saw the price, I was expecting a new-in-the-unopened box! Silly me, when I saw the pics. Get some Windex and paper towels, may help.

Hmm don't know how's the market of 65XE and 130XE going, but the main problem around here is that people are tempering with the inside of the computer, adding/removing electrical components, modding, repairing and stuff. So AFAIK the unopened (meaning that nobody was touching the inside) should be appreciated by potential buyers.

And I also noted the dirt on the console. Personally, I would rather buy filthy console to clean it myslef than leave it to be cleaned by somebody that can damage it in the cleaning process. That's what I wrote in the description.