IGNORED

Broken Jaguar Pro Controller.

leech

So I decided to dust off my Jaguar, since I moved into a new place and now have the room to connect it up to my 42" TV.

First problem is that for some reason, when I boxed up my Jag, I didn't put the controller in the box. So after digging through boxes, I managed to locate my Pro Controller. Plugged it in and none of the directional pad directions are working. The buttons work (or at least the three large ones seem to).

Any hints on fixing this? I took it apart, and all the contacts seemed clean, there was some sticky stuff on one of the buttons (to the far right) but they hadn't touched the circuit board inside.

My second problem is that my JagCD motor apparently is dead as well, so it looks like I'll be stealing one out of another CD-ROM. But that shouldn't be too difficult.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't exactly want to fork out 50-100 bucks for a new pro controller.

So I decided to dust off my Jaguar, since I moved into a new place and now have the room to connect it up to my 42" TV.

First problem is that for some reason, when I boxed up my Jag, I didn't put the controller in the box. So after digging through boxes, I managed to locate my Pro Controller. Plugged it in and none of the directional pad directions are working. The buttons work (or at least the three large ones seem to).

Any hints on fixing this? I took it apart, and all the contacts seemed clean, there was some sticky stuff on one of the buttons (to the far right) but they hadn't touched the circuit board inside.

My second problem is that my JagCD motor apparently is dead as well, so it looks like I'll be stealing one out of another CD-ROM. But that shouldn't be too difficult.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't exactly want to fork out 50-100 bucks for a new pro controller.

Just because the cd doesn't spin does NOT meant the motor is dead. A certain order of events have to happen before it spins the cd up, laser sled has to retract to inner position, laser has to recognize a cd in place, and door has to be shut.

You can push the sled out then turn it back on and see if its retracting on it own power, if not it prolly only needs cleaned and relubed.

A dead laser is more likely than a dead motor. New laser assemblies can be had for less than $15.

I've not had a jag controller apart and dont even own a pro, are there any caps inside? Maybe one let go and thats the sticky stuff.