IGNORED

hookup

It is hard to tell from the photo if I'm getting 2 port or 4 port. But assuming I'm getting a 2 port model. I don't need a switch box cuz ac goes directly into the back. But to the tv I still need a box for picture. But 35 for jsut for this box seems a lot.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2706896214441?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=270689621444&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Donn't even know if that is the one they shipped for 2 port mode. Anyhow is there any other way to bypass that box or any third pary boxes that would work.

Would this work.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1705897197481?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170589719748&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Those never used to work when I was a kid. At least when I tried to hookup my video camera ( which we no longer have and it broke anyway so we tossed it).

The RCA to Coax adapter won't convert composite video to RF. Thats why it didn't work. :)

RCA to Coax is the best way to go for hooking up a console to a TV tuner if your using RF.

If you have cable TV on the RF, get an A/B switch box to select the console of cable.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103471

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3595556

Those never used to work when I was a kid. At least when I tried to hookup my video camera ( which we no longer have and it broke anyway so we tossed it).

The RCA to Coax adapter won't convert composite video to RF. Thats why it didn't work. :)

RCA to Coax is the best way to go for hooking up a console to a TV tuner if your using RF.

If you have cable TV on the RF, get an A/B switch box to select the console of cable.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103471

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3595556

I see but then if it won't convert composite video then what is atari 5200. Isn't that also composite. Aand no tv tuner it is a hidef 18.5" tv I want to use. And my big screen also has to coax like cable tv used to be in the old days on it. But we have uverse now. And both are on ehternet so nedd for the coax splitter. Nothing on coax right now. And in any event all our tvs have 2 coax so no need for the splitter. So I can try the first thing you suggested.

I see but then if it won't convert composite video then what is atari 5200. Isn't that also composite. Aand no tv tuner it is a hidef 18.5" tv I want to use. And my big screen also has to coax like cable tv used to be in the old days on it. But we have uverse now. And both are on ehternet so nedd for the coax splitter. Nothing on coax right now. And in any event all our tvs have 2 coax so no need for the splitter. So I can try the first thing you suggested.

No, the 5200 has RF output. Thats Audio and Video to channel 3.

You can mod the system for composite audio and video output.

I was looking for one of those a/b/c switches and couldn't find one but a friend of mine got me this from the flea market. Never used in box. I almost hate to use it.

post-27464-129592722718_thumb.jpg

post-27464-129592721634_thumb.jpg

Wow nice find but if it is not sealed or mint box it is probably not going to be worth much.

Doesn't look like there was ever any tape on it so essentially sealed. Don't get me wrong I am still going to use it.

I was looking for one of those a/b/c switches and couldn't find one but a friend of mine got me this from the flea market. Never used in box. I almost hate to use it.

Wow nice find but if it is not sealed or mint box it is probably not going to be worth much.

Doesn't look like there was ever any tape on it so essentially sealed. Don't get me wrong I am still going to use it.

Or goto ebay and type in "video control center". Get a used one and keep the sealed one.

Or goto ebay and type in "video control center". Get a used one and keep the sealed one.

Well I thought about that and then I saw the shipping on the one with the 0.99 starting bid and said no way.

Mine is a bit different since I can hook an atari or other vintage system to it without a switch box or other adapter. If you look at the picture of the back of the unit it has a port marked tv game, that is the only non coax connection. Essentially all I have to do is unplug the cable from the switch box and plug it in the video control center. Also I am not really the type to keep things in the box. If I bought another one I would sell the one I have. I stopped myself from buying a couple sealed 5200 games because I didn't have those games and I knew I would open them.