IGNORED

Testing 320 mode with Pac-Man

PacManPlus

As far as it crashing, only the PAL version crashes for me (but it works on the real thing - thanks Walter!). I just tried it again to confirm. :( Let me find this other issue I'm having and we'll try again.

The problem is in the PAL ROM's A78 header. You are telling ProSystem that you are using Absolute style bank switching (when you are just a "normal" cart image). The byte at index 0x35 should be 0x00 and not 0x01. I just changed it in my copy and it starts fine.

So now that I found out that the way prosystem shows the game will not be the same as the real cart and also that you will include pokey sound when used with the XM I will buy this Cart. from you as well if you would be interested in adding me to the list that would be GREAT!!

Thanks guys...

Having an issue with this that I hadn't noticed before. On the real thing only, it seems to skewer the Display List for one or two zones (i.e. you get garbage on the screen but the game plays normally) - and I can't get it to reproduce consistently. Sometimes it happens right away, sometimes after two or three boards. I thought it had to do with me adding the Pokey code, but when I switch the flag to use Tia, it still happens. This is the worst kind of bug: one that is not consistent, does not happen on any of the emulators, and hard to figure out how to reproduce it.

My next step is to go back to before I implemented the Pokey code and see if it happens there again (I've tested that version numerous times, but, I've only played a board or two - so I need to try it again).

Bob

• Like 1

Ok, I found the issue (I think)

Here is the CCII version, that allows for Tia or Pokey (at $4000). I've also added the 'New Puck-X' maze if the left difficulty switch is in the 'A' position. You can switch this between mazes and it will take effect on the next level.

The 'Pac320Pokey' below is the Pokey-Only for the emulators.

Ok, I found the issue (I think)

Here is the CCII version, that allows for Tia or Pokey (at $4000). I've also added the 'New Puck-X' maze if the left difficulty switch is in the 'A' position. You can switch this between mazes and it will take effect on the next level.

The 'Pac320Pokey' below is the Pokey-Only for the emulators.

Very Nice! I noticed that if one of the monsters are under the box when the game ends, they will leave a black box over the words, "Game Over." It is a real shame that Maria wasn't tweaked just a hair more, so this wouldn't even be an issue, because this looks great!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see any download links for this. What happened to them?

I suppose Bob removed all attachments. The attachments for his other game threads are gone too :(

Hopefully they will be back sometime.

I wouldn't count on it, unfortunately.

Well since now all of the attachments are gone, maybe we could release them again. BECAUSE YOU ARE MAKING ME WANT PAC-MAN 320 SO BAD!!

I found a bug that happens when in the latest ProSystem Emulator emulates 320 Pac-Man, when i eat the power pellets, the game freezes.

It happens to me too. It's still an amazing hack.