IGNORED

Which games are NOT compatible with Atarimax USB flashcart?

OldSchoolRetroGamer

I have on the way a new Atarimax USB 5200 cart from the.golden.ax I know the SD version is hitting soon and will be compatible with everything but I rarely play the system, it was more about having it for my collection and I felt the USB cart would be good enough to suite my needs. While I love having the original consoles I am not so much about collecting the original games/carts, if one day I could have a flashcart for ev3ery system I would be fine with that as storage space is sparse around here.

With that in mind I intend to eventually sell or more likely trade my original 5200 carts, I will probably be better off trading for carts for a system I do not have a flashcart for like 7800/Intellivision etc. Please tell me, exactly which 5200 game roms are NOT compatible with the original Atarimax USB cart? Unless there is a fixed or patched version available are there any that will absolutely not work? This way I can be sure I do not trade/sell a 5200 cart I will regret also I can keep a look out to buy any cart I might actually need! thanks!

MULE is technically too large too, but I created a patched version that will work in two slots.

The SD cartridge has a ton of new features, lots of RAM and basically unlimited capacity per game, since you can load and save parts of memory while the game is running. But will anyone be ambitious enough to take advantage of that? I suppose only time will tell.

Steve

Edited by classics

I have on the way a new Atarimax USB 5200 cart from the.golden.ax I know the SD version is hitting soon and will be compatible with everything but I rarely play the system, it was more about having it for my collection and I felt the USB cart would be good enough to suite my needs. While I love having the original consoles I am not so much about collecting the original games/carts, if one day I could have a flashcart for ev3ery system I would be fine with that as storage space is sparse around here.

With that in mind I intend to eventually sell or more likely trade my original 5200 carts, I will probably be better off trading for carts for a system I do not have a flashcart for like 7800/Intellivision etc. Please tell me, exactly which 5200 game roms are NOT compatible with the original Atarimax USB cart? Unless there is a fixed or patched version available are there any that will absolutely not work? This way I can be sure I do not trade/sell a 5200 cart I will regret also I can keep a look out to buy any cart I might actually need! thanks!

OldSchoolRetroGamer, you will be very happy with the USB cart. It works great and only BBSB doesn't work with it. I really like the menu it has and the software for the PC is really cool, you can make your game list the way you want by editing game names, and the order they appear in the list.

Too bad you rarely play the system though. You seemed so into it when you were getting your system.

Too bad you rarely play the system though. You seemed so into it when you were getting your system.

Ha Ha make no mistake, I am really into it, I have a Gold refurbished controller form best and even an PC joystick adapter. The comment that I rarely play it can be applied to every console and computer I have, it is not based on how much I like or dislike the 5200 but the fact that what little spare time I have I use to well, make youtube videos or even lurk or post here lol! If I were retired or had unlimited funds to spend the time any damn way I wanted I assure you there would be lots of 5200 gaming as well as gaming on many of my consoles constantly. It is the usual sob story, all the time in the world but no money for gaming when I was young, now I am older and have dozens of systems and tons of games all my time goes to family, friends, wife, searching for work, and all the stupid commitments and responsibilities of being an "adult" it sucks! Between all these things my only "interaction" or playtime is when I drag it out to make a new video. One day they will be knocking on my door at the retirement home and I will Yell "Go away! I am beating my score on 5200 Missile Command".

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

Ha Ha make no mistake, I am really into it, I have a Gold refurbished controller form best and even an PC joystick adapter. The comment that I rarely play it can be applied to every console and computer I have, it is not based on how much I like or dislike the 5200 but the fact that what little spare time I have I use to well, make youtube videos or even lurk or post here lol! If I were retired or had unlimited funds to spend the time any damn way I wanted I assure you there would be lots of 5200 gaming as well as gaming on many of my consoles constantly. It is the usual sob story, all the time in the world but no money for gaming when I was young, now I am older and have dozens of systems and tons of games all my time goes to family, friends, wife, searching for work, and all the stupid commitments and responsibilities of being an "adult" it sucks! Between all these things my only "interaction" or playtime is when I drag it out to make a new video. One day they will be knocking on my door at the retirement home and I will Yell "Go away! I am beating my score on 5200 Missile Command".

Or sell the old one on ebay half price and get the new sd version. Half is still better than nothing.

Or sell the old one on ebay half price and get the new sd version. Half is still better than nothing.

Naw, not necessary. I could of chose to simply wait for the release of the SD version of course but after comparing to the original instead I bought the USB version from a member here for about a $50 savings, it is new and unused. I have been very happy with my colecovision USB and the 5200 one will suit my needs just fine. I'll likely set the cart up once then it will just stay plugged in for that rare chance I get to play it.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer