IGNORED

North America to Poland shipping

AtariLeaf

Does the buyer understand that they will have to pay import duty and tax on the item (even after they have paid you) when its a high value item and the cost is declared on the export docket.

To be honest, I have no idea. Is that something that just happens on their end when they receive it?

Edited by AtariLeaf

To be honest, I have no idea. Is that something that just happens on their end when they receive it?

It depends on the declared cost of the item (you have to fill that in on the export form at the post office). Normally below a certain threshold there is no extra cost to the buyer. Above that certain threshold taxes and duty may be due and have to be paid when the item is delivered to the buyer. Unfortunately I'm not from Poland so I can't tell you what the limit is.

I've got a buyer asking about shipping one of my auction items to Poland. I was wondering if there are any hassles or possible problems I should be aware of. The buyer has 160+ feedback at 100%. Also, if I allow him, how do I set up my auction to allow it? I can't figure it out.

I had one shipment to Poland and 2 years ago and had no problems. I shipped it First Class International with USPS.

Does the buyer understand that they will have to pay import duty and tax on the item (even after they have paid you) when its a high value item and the cost is declared on the export docket.

He's totally right. This happened to me once for one of the bands on my record label. Had no idea, and neither did the band, about this tax. I wrote the value of their personal CD shipment down as its selling worth and they had to pay an extra $110 or so to get it out of customs. I ended up paying it for them because it was our fault. What you can do is mark it WAY below what it's worth, and they won't bother. Buyer will have to be aware that there's a bit of a risk, but really nothing will happen. You'll face the same issues if shipping to China.

Edit: I believe once you breach $50 they start to tax, otherwise you're okay. They can easily check by going to their post office and acquiring about it.

Edited by Stan

So how do I allow a bidder from Poland? I don't want to just allow anyone from Poland but a specific bidder in this case. Is there a way to do that?

This is the link for me to exempt buyers. I don't know if this link will work for you or not.

http://offer.ebay.co...dderPermitLogin

That looks like what I need thanks. I've added the bidder in question and hopefully this works. Thanks :)

Well I hope they still want the item. The box contains ONE Atari 8-bit cart - the box is 11x10x11 (centimeters, not inches) and weighs only .108 KG.

The CHEAPEST shipping to Poland for this package is $41.07 with prices going to the mid $80 mark for the fastest shipping.

Is this correct? I took the package down to the post office and they weighed it and measured it and they used the correct shipping address and this is what I got. :o

Well I hope they still want the item. The box contains ONE Atari 8-bit cart - the box is 11x10x11 (centimeters, not inches) and weighs only .108 KG.

The CHEAPEST shipping to Poland for this package is $41.07 with prices going to the mid $80 mark for the fastest shipping.

Is this correct? I took the package down to the post office and they weighed it and measured it and they used the correct shipping address and this is what I got. :o

that price is inconceivable to me, were you getting insurance or something?

If the value of the item is low enough, just use 1st class international and hope it gets there for $4. If it is a rarer and expensive item, you will have to judge if it is worth the risk without tracking. $41 sounds like some Priority flat rate box. Express mail is 29.99 and 27.55 if you print it online. I think the people at the front desk have incentive to gouge you. I have never seen them only quote high prices like this.

I used the USPS.com online calculator with 4oz as the weight to find the prices.

I just went to the Canada Post website and entered all the dimensions and weight of this box and I get the exact same prices. $41.07 is the cheapest price. You guys have to realize that this is Canada and Canada Post is always gouging and their rates have always been some of the worst postal prices on the planet. I can't ship a single 2600 cart within my own country for less than $10.

Btw, figure this one out. I also went to quote a package for Italy - 5 cib intellivision games - the box is 28x23x16 and .798 KG and I can ship it for as little as $15. I don't understand how Poland and Italy can be THAT different especially when you look at the size difference of the two packages. Its baffling.

Edited by AtariLeaf

I just went to the Canada Post website and entered all the dimensions and weight of this box and I get the exact same prices. $41.07 is the cheapest price. You guys have to realize that this is Canada and Canada Post is always gouging and their rates have always been some of the worst postal prices on the planet. I can't ship a single 2600 cart within my own country for less than $10.

Sorry, I missed the your location. Should have guessed from your dimensions in cm and weight in Kg. If you are close enough you could cross the border.

Edited by Almost Rice

Sorry, I missed the your location. Should have guessed from your dimensions in cm and weight in Kg. If you are close enough you could cross the border.

Way too much hassle to go to Detroit just to mail something. My gas not to mention time (ever wait at the Windsor/Detroit border, its SLOW) I'd end up charging him $40 just to do that. Nope I told him either find someone in the US that I can ship to and they can in turn ship to him or I'll cancel and relist the auction. Too many problems for a $20 game.

Btw, figure this one out. I also went to quote a package for Italy - 5 cib intellivision games - the box is 28x23x16 and .798 KG and I can ship it for as little as $15. I don't understand how Poland and Italy can be THAT different especially when you look at the size difference of the two packages. Its baffling.

Beyond baffling!!!! Canada Post is totally fucked up when it comes to their shipping! I can send a game cheaper to any state cheaper than I can send it to you in my own country :x Go figure! :roll: