IGNORED

7 Day Video Game Auction for Charity

bookman

Hi gang. I am hosting a 7day Video Game auction to benefit my sister who has been diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. Everything is tax deductible. All kinds of games and systems have been donated for the cause. NES, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS, N64, Atari, games and systems have been donated. It runs from March 7th to the 14th. Please visit helpmysister.com for more info.

• 2 weeks later...

That is horrible. She will be in my prayers. I hope your auction goes above, and beyond expectations. My sympathies to your sister, and family.

Thank you for the prayers, and I hope so too. Right now I will have to have 2 auctions because of all of the donations I have received so please swing by helpmysister.com btwn March 7th and the 14th.

Wow.... "conterminous" that's gotta be the most accurate description of the 48 contiguous, continuous, continental, NOT ME, states I've ever seen.....

Learned a new word today....

So what of the other 2 states???

Also thought I'd comment.... Free shipping is great, but I think I'd have preferred non-free shipping with a combined shipping discount...

Anyway, let me know about us zone 8 people, and good luck,

Chris

Wow.... "conterminous" that's gotta be the most accurate description of the 48 contiguous, continuous, continental, NOT ME, states I've ever seen.....

Learned a new word today....

So what of the other 2 states???

Also thought I'd comment.... Free shipping is great, but I think I'd have preferred non-free shipping with a combined shipping discount...

Glad I could expand your vocabulary. As far as the shipping goes, I'll see how everything turns out and what feedback I get from the auction. I am sure if the winning bid happened to live outside the defined area I'd probably make an exception. This is my first time doing this so any feedback you have is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Sooooooooooo you're telling me and other zone 8ers to bid anyway.... Cool!

FYI, first class it doesn't matter it's the same price anyway.... Also if you use a flat rate box, same story..... It's when you don't do one of those 2 it's a problem... Since most of the lots are 1 or 2 games I am assuming they'd be shipped first class, and it's not a problem. Watch out on the systems though, you might want to check what fits and doesn't fit in flat rate boxes ($5 to $15), since shipping 5 lbs without one to your neighbor would cost about $8 but to me would cost $18.35....

Anyway, off to bid on some of the smaller items...

Chris

Edit: also is the GTA:SA the Hot coffee one? (how does one tell?)

Edited by caver

Thanks for the shipping info. As far as the Hot Coffee mod goes, if it was released before 2005 then you can mod the game to do the Hot Coffee thingy. I can look on the package tonight to see if there is any definitive marker showing it was pre 2005.

If I'm not mistaken a hand full of stuff didn't sell...

I'd suggest doing a second run, maybe make the groupings larger and start everything at $0.01 with actual (with the option to combine) shipping...

Or maybe just throw all the leftovers in a flat rate box and start the bidding at the cost of shipping???

Either way I was kinda interested in some of the things that look to not have sold, just not at the costs they were at (Though it is kinda hard to make me happy as far as that goes, since I think the only real way to do it would be the filled flat rate box)...

Edited by caver

Thank you all for checking out my auction. We have raised a lot for my sister, but there's a lot more to go. I still have some games and systems left over and am planning on trying to get some more. I will be holding another auction w/in the next couple of months after I have another good collection of auction items.