IGNORED

NTSC Asterix on eBay.....Legit?

stjames88

I actually just bought a loose NTSC Asterix (needs new labels) and Quadrun from him. The Mexican post is quite fast, cheap and safe. It's really amazing. It came into the US and was then handled by Global Express, which will deliver 7 days a week and comes directly to your door for the signature. It's legit. I seem to remember he mentioned to me he had one he was going to list separately, but I wasn't sure if I'd like the game and saw I could just replace the labels with the PAL version anyway. Curious to see how much this goes for.

Edited by Stan

Oh, forgot. I was wondering too if they were maybe repros, but they look totally fine. The wear on the labels would be next to impossible to duplicate. My Quadrun, for example, is in decent shape, has some wear. The wear, however, I don't feel could be faked, it's clearly due to age and storage (for example the slight indentation but not total preforation of the screw hole). I'll be opening my Asterix to switch it out, in fact I can do it now to see if it is in fact a reproduction, but I doubt he would risk that since one, already mentioned but he's a member here, and two, I told him that's what I was going to do, so he'd be a fool to send a repro NTSC Asterix when I would discover it after opening the cartridge casing.

One more thing, he's wrong about what he says in the auction. There is nothing to distinguish the PAL from NTSC version, same labels. The only distinction is the actual game itself, as I assume they're essentially imports like Mangia by Spectravision.

As I said, VERY interested to see how high this goes. I had no real interest in it until I got one for cheap and now all I have to do is replace the labels with the PAL ones.

If you plan on doing that, bear in mind that you cant just use ANY pal cart, as some have a "P" on the end label and some dont. You'll have to find one that doesn't. They are extremely rare compared to the "P" end labelled carts, but the price is the same (cheap)