IGNORED

5200 brightness issues

Lendorien

I noticed this today after readjusting my TV set for my NES.

My 2 port 5200 (plugged in via coax adapter) displays extremely darkly. This is really noticeable on Centipede and Countermeasure. Colors are muddy and in the case of Countermeasure, the trees and towns are so dark as to not be visible.

Other game display ok, but games with dark colors don't display will. Turning up the TV brightness helps, but right now I have the TV on the default settings.

Is there any way to adjust this or is there something failing on my 5200? I could turn up the brightness, but since I have multiple systems hooked up, it would be a bit obnoxious. Any suggestions?

My 2 port 5200 (plugged in via coax adapter) displays extremely darkly. This is really noticeable on Centipede and Countermeasure. Colors are muddy and in the case of Countermeasure, the trees and towns are so dark as to not be visible.

Other game display ok, but games with dark colors don't display will. Turning up the TV brightness helps, but right now I have the TV on the default settings.

Is there any way to adjust this or is there something failing on my 5200? I could turn up the brightness, but since I have multiple systems hooked up, it would be a bit obnoxious. Any suggestions?

This only happens on 5200? Do the NES etc display dark also?

This only happens on 5200? Do the NES etc display dark also?

No, they don't. Tried my Genesis and NES and both display fine. It's only the 5200.

• 2 months later...

Try using another rca cable. Maybe the old one is going bad. The rca cable is cable from 5200 to tv. If that don't work it might be the RF mod

I'm revisiting this. Replacing the cable did not help. Is there a capacitor that might be going that could cause brightness issues like this?

Try using another rca cable. Maybe the old one is going bad. The rca cable is cable from 5200 to tv. If that don't work it might be the RF mod

I'm revisiting this. Replacing the cable did not help. Is there a capacitor that might be going that could cause brightness issues like this?

One of these could be the cause. It could also be one of the luminescence lines failing on the GTIA.

post-25215-0-38998300-1305076515_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon