IGNORED

Component AV mod vs Composite AV mod: FIGHT

DJKerbyRock

Guys,

Anyone have any screen shot comparisons of the Component AV mod vs the Composite AV mod for the Colecovision? I would naturally want to go Component as I have a large 1080p LCD I would like to output to.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Stephen

There is almost no difference between S-video and composite.

Component and VGA may be slightly better, but you have to worry about vertical banding with them.

Sounds like there are issues with color with the component mod.

I posted screen shots in this thread, but even that felt a bit weird, seeing that the word "FIGHT" is in the thread title. Therefore that's all I plan to add here. Yurkie and I are both providing very different services/products, which really aren't competing with each other too closely.

I'll do my best to answer any questions about the component mod in the "component mod thread".

I didn't care for the word fight and almost made a comment about it myself.

For the record I was not referring to 5-11under in any way when I posted my initial comment. I have a lot of respect for and consider 5-11under a friend.

• Like 1

Sounds like there are issues with color with the component mod.

That isn't true. In the photos that I posted I was struggling to get the colours right, partly because I was being too aggressive in my adjustments of the pots. Once I landed on good positions for the pots I was delighted with the picture quality and plan on installing 5-11under's component mod in a few more CVs.

Edited by Ikrananka

• 2 weeks later...