IGNORED

7800 Pro-line joystick

yell0w_lantern

What happens when you plug it in and play a game?

They haven't arrived yet. From the description, it sounds like it doesn't do anything so at this point I'm guessing the wires are bad but I was wondering what else to look for when I crack it open. The picture of the PCB looks like standard Atari leaf switches and I know those can be problematic on the CX 40.

The rest of the lot is a slik stik, 2 SMS controllers, paddles and a Flashback 2 joystick. I know the Slik Stik will be a new wire harness and some cleaning. The CX 40 will require checking the PCB over as well as the wire harness. The paddles will need cleaning and probably a new wire harness (probably not worth it so I may just use it for parts). IDK about the SMS controllers - I'll clean them and if that doesn't work then I'll try a new wire harness.

Okay, got all my junk and I must say that the Slik Stik and SMS pads seem to be completely fine.

Flashback 2 joystick needs a new wire harness.

The CX-40 is trashed. It looks like someone opened it up to do a mod and lost interest. The wires didn't even have the connectors anymore!

The paddles need new wires and a cleaning.

On to the Pro-line:

It is dead. It does nothing at all. The wire was taped together a few inches from where it emerges. The leaf switches seem okay for the most part. It may just need a wire harness but it doesn't look like Best carries any for this model they only have the 6 conductor versions.

Edited by yell0w_lantern

• 2 weeks later...