IGNORED

Dragon's Lair Disc for CV/Adam on eBay

stjames88

Backin the day as a 13 yr old, I remember having wet dreams about gettting the soon to be released Adam computer w/laser disc game capability. I remember rubbing it in to all my lowly Atari 5200 owning friends that only I...a coleco owner, would be able to play full version laserdisc games in the comfort of my own home. My dreams were squashed when the unit (to my knowledge), was scrapped, and never saw the light of day.

Today, I see this on eBay: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2507797988711?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250779798871&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Did some of these discs escape the furnace? The seller states he ordered it directly from Coleco.....I don't remember that being an option. Why would Coleco sell Discs for a laserdisc player that never made it past the prototype stage? Is this seller an AA member....I have seen that username before, but I don't recall if it was here or in another eBay listing. Anyone have info on this?

Backin the day as a 13 yr old, I remember having wet dreams about gettting the soon to be released Adam computer w/laser disc game capability. I remember rubbing it in to all my lowly Atari 5200 owning friends that only I...a coleco owner, would be able to play full version laserdisc games in the comfort of my own home. My dreams were squashed when the unit (to my knowledge), was scrapped, and never saw the light of day.

Today, I see this on eBay: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2507797988711?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250779798871&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Did some of these discs escape the furnace? The seller states he ordered it directly from Coleco.....I don't remember that being an option. Why would Coleco sell Discs for a laserdisc player that never made it past the prototype stage? Is this seller an AA member....I have seen that username before, but I don't recall if it was here or in another eBay listing. Anyone have info on this?

I see nothing in the listing to indicate this is a laser disk. Isnt it just this? which makes it overpriced by a whole lot. They are not uncommon.