IGNORED

Just Purchased- Atari 7800!

Coleco Gemini

I just got my first 7800 complete with two controllers, 18 games (10 7800) and it works great! Any tips or ideas about the console?, I bought the whole thing for $40, one problem I have found is the fire control on one of the sticks sticks! so, it is almost a rapid fire. So, far I like the system, it is clear and has decent graphics

• Like 1

remove the two screws from the back, give that button's spring a SLIGHT stretch and clean the outside perimeter of the plastic part of the button with something like Pledge. If you stretch it too much getting the controller back together might become extra tricky!

I just got my first 7800 complete with two controllers, 18 games (10 7800) and it works great! Any tips or ideas about the console?, I bought the whole thing for $40, one problem I have found is the fire control on one of the sticks sticks! so, it is almost a rapid fire. So, far I like the system, it is clear and has decent graphics

I think Atari releasing the 7800 with those CrapSticks called the ProLine controllers has got to be one of the most retarded business decisions ever made in the consumer electronics business world. I've taken mine apart. They're Mickey Mouse and are rubbish. I bet many people bought the NES instead because of its superior gamepads.

Have a look at the AA store for the homebrew titles on offer.

Defiantly check that out there are some really good titles for it :thumbsup:

What if he doesn't feel like being defiant about it? Can't he just be definite? :D

Yay, 7800! Now if you'd just pay me big bucks for my extra 7800 carts for Asteroids and Centipede. I wish I knew what to say to get... my 7800's controller ports are buggered at the moment and I haven't been able to get around to re soldering them to the main board.

I would look into getting the pads for sure though... those proline sticks are not fun to use.

I hate the stock proline stick but I do really like the telegames stick with the autofire switch. It has a longer throw and you dont have to press so hard to get movement.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3504414355721?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350441435572&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Does that stick allow both buttons to function properly in 7800 mode?

Yes. That stick is designed for the 7800.