IGNORED

Purple ColecoVision Box ?

NIAD

The serial # of the Colecovision (purple box) Prototype unit is: P0000162

My only American (USA) system shows: A1364939

All my Canadian (Montreal St-Ambroise) systems shows a 6 digits (without any letter)

But except one of them wich shows: C0095254 .... wich is weird as CBS system start by a C ..... and this unit has different fonts from all the others ....

From what I understand, Coleco did produce "some" (how many?) prototype system for mainly press & employees

So:

P: is for prototype (pre-production) units

A: for USA American units

C: for CBS units & some Canadian system

Plain 6 digits for mostly all Canadian (Montreal St-Ambroise) units

That make sense now :)

Edited by retroillucid

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Strange to me that the carts on the box seem to be the standard size. I was expecting the longer ones! :)

And that the controller on the back seems to be without roller!

Edited by Murph74

Here's what I, an amateur, was able to do. I didn't want to spend too much time with it.

A pro should be able to change the black lettering to white which I didn't want to spend time perfecting.

Also, the text below the unit and Donkey Kong in lower right would have to be modified.

Maybe Brian O could download what I started and see what finishing touches he can put on it?

Just saw this. If you need any help w/ anything, let me know.

-B

Not sure what there is to report, to be honest. It's a silly listing, the item serves no real purpose, and I doubt anyone would bite, but it's not misleading. They happened upon a unique (thus far anyway) item, and cashed in with Retroillucid. I don't really blame them for *trying* to cash in further, but with J-F having the box now, he has the luxury of making hi quality scans available, or sitting on it, or whatever he chooses. I don't see it as being any different than people offering color copies of flyers, or even all the autographed pictures.

In this case, it's not like they're trying to re-make the box and pass it off as original-- this is just a color copy on vinyl-- again, it serves no real purpose to anyone I know. :)

... but with J-F having the box now, he has the luxury of making hi quality scans available, or sitting on it, or whatever he chooses. I don't see it as being any different than people offering color copies of flyers, or even all the autographed pictures.

I'll soon scan the whole box, and vectorize it

Then, I'll choose whatever is best for the CV fans

I'll not try to make cash out of this box, I'm already happy to have it, so I'll share with fans and will choose which is best

• Like 2

... but with J-F having the box now, he has the luxury of making hi quality scans available, or sitting on it, or whatever he chooses. I don't see it as being any different than people offering color copies of flyers, or even all the autographed pictures.

I'll soon scan the whole box, and vectorize it

Then, I'll choose whatever is best for the CV fans

I'll not try to make cash out of this box, I'm already happy to have it, so I'll share with fans and will choose which is best

J-F - just curious, what software will you use to vectorise your scans?