IGNORED

NES Controllers converted to play on 7800

the.golden.ax

Iggy*SJB' date='Sat Mar 5, 2011 1:08 PM' timestamp='1299348510' post='2225676']

Could you post a wiring diagram? I just found one of those old Nintendo controller pads, and I can do the work myself. I'm hoping people will still buy yours, but money is tight for some of us.

It's in the FAQ http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/nes_atari.html?SystemID=2600

FYI: I recommend original NES controllers. Cheap Chinese ones on Ebay not only use an SMT 4021 with a nice black epoxy blob, but they are uncomfortable as heck. You can mod them to work by soldering to the traces, but it isn't worth the pain your hands will experience using them.

Golden.ax controllers are worth the effort he spent on them.

Be aware that doesn't apply to all the NES control pads nintendo's made. Mine doesn't have those resistors.

:D... after reading that I was just like :ponder: hmn hmn hmn.... there are flaws in that guide.

I'm making a new one. While I hadn't read it before it was posted here, I think it's very funny that the documentation I started because of Rexes' request is so simular. I named the holes alomost exactly the same on my paper.

AX

I like the Famicom color scheme mixed with the Atari'ish font... :)

Did Atari Inc. ever do any mockups or art design of what their version of the Famicom would've looked like?

Will these also work on 2600? If so I use nes pads on 2600 also as mentioned in the 2600 section. Should work on 7800 also. And it is wireless, plus no rewiring.

I guess you can use these controllers with the A8

is there any games that will work with the second firebutton, or is the second firebutton config'd as a dupe of the 1st firebutton (i.e wired as firebutton 1)

lastly whats with the little light near the thumbpad/d-pad (or is that to show that the controller is connected to the system)

Edited by carmel_andrews

I guess you can use these controllers with the A8

is there any games that will work with the second firebutton, or is the second firebutton config'd as a dupe of the 1st firebutton (i.e wired as firebutton 1)

lastly whats with the little light near the thumbpad/d-pad (or is that to show that the controller is connected to the system)

It will work on XE (not sure, but isn't A8 exactly the same?) and Coleco... don't think that any A8 games use the second button (someone correct if wrong). By default the second button just does the same thing on any game that doesn't need two buttons.

AX

Must say, after cramping my hand playing Desert Falcon for the HSC, I'm really looking forward to these gamepads! Most games I've been able to get by with a Flashback 2 joystick, but needed the extra fire button for DF.

Edited by SpiceWare

• 4 weeks later...

My God, those are positively hideous looking.

It's bad enough you're raping an Atari console by plugging a Nintendouche controller into it, but you painted it 80's nightmare Neon Pink and put wrinkly, poorly cut foil tape on it too?

Yeeeuuuccck.

Wonders never cease with you, do they? :roll:

Perhaps the novelty of dumping on the 7800 Expansion Module has worn off, so dump on this thread.

• Like 3

My God, those are positively hideous looking.

It's bad enough you're raping an Atari console by plugging a Nintendouche controller into it, but you painted it 80's nightmare Neon Pink and put wrinkly, poorly cut foil tape on it too?

Yeeeuuuccck.

Wonders never cease with you, do they? :roll:

Perhaps the novelty of dumping on the 7800 Expansion Module has worn off, so dump on this thread.

One of these days, one of you guys will stumble upon the word hyperbole in the dictionary, and some of my posts might take on an entirely different context. :D

7800walter.jpg

1988 called. It wants it's terrible fashion ideas back.

Not only do I get to make funnies on the internet about poor color choices when repainting controllers, but apparently the mods think nothing of editing people's posts to makes larfs.

AWESOME.

Edited by Underball