IGNORED

Midnight Mutants 7800 Oddity

Mr.Platypus

Hello everyone.

Something really strange happened to me the other day, and I would like to share this with you. Furthermore, I would really like to know if others who try this get the same result. I've tried posting this on other forums, but everyone seems a bit skeptical.

1. Plug in a Midnight Mutants cart.

2. Plug in a genesis controller in port 1.

3. Turn the power on. The Atari logo will show up, but then you will get a blank screen.

4. Unplug the genesis controller. Don't turn the power off.

5. Wait about 4 hours.

6. Midnight mutants will boot up!

I've tried this a few times, and it always works if you do these steps. Try it, and let me know if it works for you.

i also notised something odd

1. turn on an empty NES

2. insert a raw hamburger

3. leave the nes on for 7 weeks

4. you will be able to play as simon belmont in TMNT 2

le me know if this works for you also.

I believe you must do something similar to the 7800 in order to unlock the most heinous and powerful weapon in "Food Fight".

i also notised something odd

1. turn on an empty NES

2. insert a raw hamburger

3. leave the nes on for 7 weeks

4. you will be able to play as simon belmont in TMNT 2

le me know if this works for you also.

I believe you must do something similar to the 7800 in order to unlock the most heinous and powerful weapon in "Food Fight".

Shhh, no one must ever speak of that weapon. Damn, I've already said too much. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

What happens if you keep the Genesis controller plugged in, but you removed the cartridge after four hours? That should give the magic smoke plenty of time to seep into the system, allowing you to play carefree, using your imagination that you're controller Herman instead of Grampa :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem with Midnight Mutants, will NOT work with 3rd party controllers at ANY time, with all the ones I have anyway.I had the same problem, and as soon as I plugged in the pro-line, problem solved.The screen would just be totally black.Several members had that problem and I mentioned this over a year ago, and i don't know why more have noticed this. :? ;)

Edited by Rik

this is probably the dumbest thing ive ever read on here

Do you own the game?, have you tried?Yep it is the dumbest thing, but it's a known fact some have had this problem on the 7800 with 3rd party stiks with Midnight Mutants.Go ahead and give it a try, if you haven't already. :)

Edited by Rik