IGNORED

BREAKING NEWS: Probe 2000 - Power Lords - Atari 2600

CPUWIZ

Will you keep a list or tally of how many are left?

AX

Yes, I will add to the first post, if people do not want their handle posted I'll use XXXX.

I would love a copy of this, but you mentioned you were not interested in selling to new members. I would be happy to pay with PayPal or any other suitable method in advance. Just let me know if there is any way I can get a copy. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Ben

All gone. Thanks everyone. If there is further interest, please post after this post. :)

Possible interest:

Pioneer4x4 $

Bill_Loguidice $

bennybingo $

Miss 2600 $

SpaceDice2010 $

Darrin9999 $

Lord Thag

killersquirel

ianoid - Doesn't need to pay!

phaxda $

MegaManFan

Red 5

Stan

ntavio

bfstats

lucifershalo

legeek

So can we confirm that we do nothing until Hugged contacts us?

Yep, which will be tomorrow. :)

Thank you for the reply CPU. I would definitely like to be at the top of the list for the next batch. I'm bummed that I will have to wait, but I completely understand your position. If you would like the pre-payment early, in order to help offset the production cost, just let me know. Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Benny

I'd be interested if there is a second batch made. I'd like to see video of the game play.

That Pink Panther game also looks cool. Was that game ever reproduced?

Pink Panther has not been reproduced...the prototype was put on eBay a few times but the auction was never completed.

Is there a video of the gameplay of Power Lords on Youtube? I think that would be something the community would like to see even if they never get the chance to actually play the game.

Pink Panther has not been reproduced...the prototype was put on eBay a few times but the auction was never completed.

Rats! I'd like to see that game in the hands of someone who could reproduce it. It looks really good from what I've read about it (plus, I like the Pink Panther). Do you remember what they were asking for it on eBay (in the $1,000s, I'm sure)?

Yeah, it sucks! I would love to see a repro of Pink Panther out there. From what I've seen of screenshots and heard, that game looks really, really cool. Unfortunately when you're dealing with a likeness/product that is still public-relevant on that level, it's just never going to happen. :sad:

Yeah, it sucks! I would love to see a repro of Pink Panther out there. From what I've seen of screenshots and heard, that game looks really, really cool. Unfortunately when you're dealing with a likeness/product that is still public-relevant on that level, it's just never going to happen. :sad:

That reminds me, Toyshop Trouble uses those Star Wars camel things. I wonder if the creator could get in trouble for that.

I am ignorant of this game and I couldn't find anything on Tempest's site about it.

It has been on our site for ages:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-power-lords_19591.html

The only breaking news is that CPU made a repro of it.

Exclellent work, btw.

8)

It's also been included in both editions of ABC To The VCS. Here is the description:

The object of Powerlords is to get your ship into a long underground cave and shoot down the robots that descend upon you. Unfortunately there is only one way into the cave, and an angry dinosaur that will do everything in its power to keep you away guards that entrance.

The cave is presented in the center of the screen and looks like a crater with the dinosaur’s head sticking out from the opening. Your ship can travel anywhere and can fire bullets in the direction it is traveling. However, if you get too close, the dinosaur will send out blasts that will destroy your ship.

If you try to fly around so you can get a clear shot at the dinosaur, an enemy ship will constantly fly across the top of the screen. As long as you stay out of this ship’s way, you will be safe. However the enemy ship also sends out missiles that will destroy your own ship if you get in its line of fire.

To destroy the dinosaur, you must shoot it in the head five times. Each time you hit it, the outline of the creature will become fainter and display less of a target. If you succeed, the monster will disappear entirely and you can then enter the cave.

Once you enter the cave the playfield will display your ship at the bottom of the screen, and a group of robots descend the top while shooting. As in Zaxxon, your ship can now only be moved horizontally. The object here is to accumulate points by destroying the robots before they reach the bottom of the screen. You must also avoid the shots that the robots fire. If you succeed through this wave the game will return to the first screen where you must again enter the cave after destroying the dinosaur - however the speed of the alien ships will be faster.