IGNORED

Anyone here get the NTSC Mangia on ebay?

nofrills100

Just wondering if anyone here trades on ebay under the name lidaugherty4kjb and bought this Mangia on ebay:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2207343549721?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=220734354972&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The buyer left positive feedback - so I guess it was NTSC after all (?)

I tried numerous times to get the seller to post screen shots, but he had a 101 reasons why he couldn't, - but he did manage to take more photos of himself holfing the cartridge... which really doesn't prove anything.

I strongly suspected it was PAL.

Decent price if it was NTSC after all... but quite a risk.

Not Me :) You would think if they owned a video game store they would have had an Atari kicking around somewhere to test it out.

Exactly... Plus after asking numerous questions to the seller, there were a number of serious question marks.

My guess is that the buyer does not realise it is PAL, if it works at all on their system??

Or maybe they struck gold... But I have my doubts.

Not Me :) You would think if they owned a video game store they would have had an Atari kicking around somewhere to test it out.

Exactly... Plus after asking numerous questions to the seller, there were a number of serious question marks.

My guess is that the buyer does not realise it is PAL, if it works at all on their system??

Or maybe they struck gold... But I have my doubts.

Could be true; if they have an older tv they could play PAL game on it with or without( sometimes ) adjusting the horizontal control. Why would you pump out $500.00 though if you were a collector you should know what you are looking for?

I messaged him throughout the listing, and his answers didn't add up. During his listing his website for his actual shop went offline. So maybe a bit of financial stress took it down. But he also told me he had a very good reputation and feedback profile on another classifieds site... So why he chose to sell this under a new user name on a site that he had no feedback... Was a little suss to me

I messaged him throughout the listing, and his answers didn't add up. During his listing his website for his actual shop went offline. So maybe a bit of financial stress took it down. But he also told me he had a very good reputation and feedback profile on another classifieds site... So why he chose to sell this under a new user name on a site that he had no feedback... Was a little suss to me

I am quite certain that copy was PAL ;)

And you know this for sure for wise one? :ponder: :D

Well, then, that's the million dollar question -- why would someone who spent $500 for a rare NTSC version of this game, and got a PAL one instead, leave positive feedback? :ponder:

Well, then, that's the million dollar question -- why would someone who spent $500 for a rare NTSC version of this game, and got a PAL one instead, leave positive feedback? :ponder:

because it worked on his ntsc tv, so he assumed it was ntsc ;)

Correct, my PAL copy works fine on my tv! :)

Nope, that's why I said "quite certain" and not "100% certain" :P

Correct, my PAL copy works fine on my tv! :)

Just curious why does the Pal copy work fine on a NTSC TV? I have some PAL games and they all Roll screen. I play them on an older TV, is it that the new TVs' have an auto V-hold?

Nope, that's why I said "quite certain" and not "100% certain" :P

Are your certain? :D

Just curious why does the Pal copy work fine on a NTSC TV? I have some PAL games and they all Roll screen. I play them on an older TV, is it that the new TVs' have an auto V-hold?

Just my tv I guess. Some of the PAL games I put in roll and some do not. My old tv has a adjustable knob for the v-hold. The color scheme is different from their NSTC counterpart. Have never tried to play my Atari games on my big screen tv? Good question: do the modern tv's have an automatic v-hold?