IGNORED

Out of Control

The Mother-In-Law

Make that $790.00.

I hope you win it.

Me too because that's as far as I'm willing to go.

I really didn't think you wanted to win this. If you really are bidding to win, I am sorry to inform you that you are guilty of 'premature maxbidulation'. You blew your max bid load a bit too early in the auction. The seller is likely to be unsatisfied with your bidding performance and will likely seek another bidder who can go farther, go longer and hold out until the end.

On a related subject:

Did anyone from here purchase that BIN Ebay listing for Out of Control a few months back for $80? I am so still kicking myself on that one. It was listed with a "best offer" option, and instead of just buying it for $80, I dicked around (offering $60) and someone else snatched it up only minutes after it was listed. :x

It all happend so fast, and now I feel so foolish...

So- did a member here get it?

:ponder:

Make that $790.00.

I hope you win it.

Me too because that's as far as I'm willing to go.

I really didn't think you wanted to win this. If you really are bidding to win, I am sorry to inform you that you are guilty of 'premature maxbidulation'. You blew your max bid load a bit too early in the auction. The seller is likely to be unsatisfied with your bidding performance and will likely seek another bidder who can go farther, go longer and hold out until the end.

But sometimes I get so excited that I can't hold it in.

On a related subject:

Did anyone from here purchase that BIN Ebay listing for Out of Control a few months back for $80? I am so still kicking myself on that one. It was listed with a "best offer" option, and instead of just buying it for $80, I dicked around (offering $60) and someone else snatched it up only minutes after it was listed. :x

It all happend so fast, and now I feel so foolish...

So- did a member here get it?

:ponder:

Ouch!

Iggy*SJB' date='Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:31 PM' timestamp='1300145489' post='2234293']

Currently at $800.... WAY out of my price range. Good luck, Mother In Law! I agree with an above poster... don't side-deal, let this one ride to the end.

What would be the point of a side deal? If someone told me that they would give me more than the highest bidder then I would tell them to bid.

atari181!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't you get your revenge on another lot! You out bid me with money I gave you! I hate Karma! I know where you live! I'll ram $800 worth of carts up your Atari! Now that I got that out of my system, Well played. By the way, I lied about it being my max. I could double it. ;)

If you really want to win this item...I wouldn't say how much you are willing to pay...because someone here will most likely make sure you pay it.

Good for mother-in-law, but bad for you...

• Like 1

Hey everyone - what should I put up next?

Honestly, I think staring with your most rare ones is a bad idea. What I would do is start from the bottom up because as you increase in positive feedback you will increase bids on your rare games. By the time you get to Video Life people will be more confident in bidding on it. Don't be in a hurry. Work your way up and as you're doing it people will start to watch more. Also, in your auctions include the full list. Tell them to keep watching because later you will be selling .... They will add you as a favorite seller and save up for the rarer ones. Do one game at a time. That way people won't get to choose which rare game they are going for and it gives more time for people to get the funds for the games they are waiting on. When you get up to Video Life then Bam! MEGA BID WAR! After all that take a nice vacation to Brazil. While you're there buy some rare Brazilian games/systems(Dactar 007)then bring them back here and do it all over again.

atari181!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't you get your revenge on another lot! You out bid me with money I gave you! I hate Karma! I know where you live! I'll ram $800 worth of carts up your Atari! Now that I got that out of my system, Well played. By the way, I lied about it being my max. I could double it. ;)

If you really want to win this item...I wouldn't say how much you are willing to pay...because someone here will most likely make sure you pay it.

Good for mother-in-law, but bad for you...

Or I could be making sure they pay it. ;)

Honestly, I think staring with your most rare ones is a bad idea. What I would do is start from the bottom up because as you increase in positive feedback you will increase bids on your rare games. By the time you get to Video Life people will be more confident in bidding on it. Don't be in a hurry. Work your way up and as you're doing it people will start to watch more. Also, in your auctions include the full list. Tell them to keep watching because later you will be selling .... They will add you as a favorite seller and save up for the rarer ones. Do one game at a time. That way people won't get to choose which rare game they are going for and it gives more time for people to get the funds for the games they are waiting on. When you get up to Video Life then Bam! MEGA BID WAR! After all that take a nice vacation to Brazil. While you're there buy some rare Brazilian games/systems(Dactar 007)then bring them back here and do it all over again.

With the exception of the "bring back Brazillian games" part, I agree with the above post. A better rating will increase the bids you'll get on the rare stuff. I do think putting 1 rare up to begin with is a good idea, though... since it will certainly get back here that this is all on the up and up(not that I have any doubts).

Do me a favor, though... wait about a month to put up the games I PM'd you about. :D

Iggy*SJB' date='Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:37 PM' timestamp='1300149465' post='2234369']

With the exception of the "bring back Brazillian games" part, I agree with the above post. A better rating will increase the bids you'll get on the rare stuff. I do think putting 1 rare up to begin with is a good idea, though... since it will certainly get back here that this is all on the up and up(not that I have any doubts).

Do me a favor, though... wait about a month to put up the games I PM'd you about. :D

If she is going to Brazil then she might as well pick up some games. :D LOL to the PM'd part. I bet a lot of people are saving.

I agree with most of whats been said. I won't sell anything till I get the positive feedback. But what games or rarity ratings next? I want a plan.

If you're not selling commons in bulk then I would say start at rarity one. If you're selling them in bulk then... Actually no. In the other thread you were advised to sell the commons in bulk and I agreed. I changed my mind. I think it would be better to sell them individually. The more positive feedback the better. The feedback from your commons will help sell your rares. From rarity one through four post them as quick as you can. Have the starting bids at $.99 and offer combined shipping. Have a close up angled picture showing end and main labels. Once you sell them all then from rarity five up sell them one at a time. But if you really must sell them in bulk then do them next after this auction is done. Selling the racks that the games are in might do well in bulk or you could sell them with the commons in bulk. The racks would make your commons look better than other lots without them.

Thats about 250 games, rarity 1-4. It would be so much work, would it be worth it?

No.

There are alot of ways to figure this, but in the simplest terms:

Item sells for $.99 - $.08 ebay fee - $.33 paypal fee = 41% loss due to fees.

100 item lot sells for $99.00 - $6.45 ebay fee - $3.17 paypal fee = 9.7% loss dues to fees.

Selling 1 item for $.99 to 100 individuals will cost you $41 in fees.

Selling 100 items to 1 individual for $99 will cost you $9.62 in fees.

Then consider the work involved in selling and shipping 1 item to 100 people versus 100 items to 1 person.

Pretty simple...

Thats about 250 games, rarity 1-4. It would be so much work, would it be worth it?

No.

There are alot of ways to figure this, but in the simplest terms:

Item sells for $.99 - $.08 ebay fee - $.33 paypal fee = 41% loss due to fees.

100 item lot sells for $99.00 - $6.45 ebay fee - $3.17 paypal fee = 9.7% loss dues to fees.

Selling 1 item for $.99 to 100 individuals will cost you $41 in fees.

Selling 100 items to 1 individual for $99 will cost you $9.62 in fees.

Then consider the work involved in selling and shipping 1 item to 100 people versus 100 items to 1 person.

Pretty simple...

Good point but what if the feedback adds to the bids on the rares?