IGNORED

5200 games on the ATARI 800 XL/XE ?

Lord-Chaos

The Sunmark cart's are only for 16K data size (2X 2764 @ 8k)...

sTeVE

As I´ve said before : I can create such a cart using old Crossbow carts.I´m a member of the ABBUC , an 8 Bit Club in Germany and have some friends who can create the carts , boxes , manuals.

It should be possible to create a professionell version of the game.

I´m looking for new games and I´d also pay the author for each game sold .

ATARI XE Crossbow carts have already been tested with other games - it´s possible to create carts bigger than 128K with them.

But with old games there is the problem that I cannot get the copyrights.

The only problem is , that I can only sell them in Europe , but I´d be able to send several carts to North America etc. /or ATARIAGE.

Thimo

@Cafeman:  I'm *thrilled* at the opportunity to try your game on my 8-bit.  I don't have a 5200 and I've always regretted missing out on the homebrew market for that system.  I actually hope *more* homebrewers consider it in the future as well.

I always wondered who Glenn was.  He seemed to have it in for Atari (I recall reading "Another cart buried due to the mismanagement of Atari" as one of his conversions booted).  Maybe he worked there and had left under poor circumstances?

For the record: I still use my disk drives (I have 3 working 1050s currently). Almost exclusively actually (I have very few carts (hard to come by for me) but *tonnes* of games on disk).  I can't be the *only* one still using them.

I still have 3 working 1050's myself too, never had a problem with any of them, two are 17 years old (working age) and the 3rd I bought upgraded with the APE/SIO2PC cable internally installed, and it looks new, so I'm not sure of it's "*working age" (*years it's been in use). So I do think that quite a few of us old 8-bit users still have disk drives. I fully use Disk, cartridge and tape on my system, as well as APE. For me, it wouldn't matter what way it is brought out on the 8-bit, I could use it. But, I also have a 5200 and will buy that version since it is a game I can't play on my 800/XE. I like the fact that some unique games exist for my 5200, otherwise, what's the point in owning it beyond collector's purposes if all the game are available on my 8-bit? Besides the analog conrtrol, Ballblazer, Rescue on fractalus and Star Raiders are SOOO much better on the 5200 with analog control!