IGNORED

sega space fury

peedenmark7

Ive been going round and round for 4 months trying to figure out which game other than gyruss I used to love playing in the arcade in my teens.

I kept going back to Galaxian and Galaga but theyre both invader type shooter types, so incorrect game play...it literally drove me nuts until I bought another 5200 lot which contained 3 colecovision games....

The game is Space Fury by sega.

Has anyone ever seen this ported for 52 or 7800 ?

I sure would love to play this game without having to buy another system !!!

while i am on this topic parker bros Gyruss is not exact to the arcade is it? when you get the multiple laser guns in the arcade didnt they spin on to the tips of your wings or sonmething along those lines? or do I have both gyruss and space fury mixed up with another arcade game, I may have played... I can picture it in my mind, just cant spit it out..

this space fury game with the alien with one eye that talks to you really rings a bell though !

Space Fury was ported to Coleco and never made it to any other consoles. If you have a Vectrex there was a great clone (with speech and everything) called Space Frenzy done a few years ago.

Can't say anything about the accuracy of Gyruss- don't have it on the 5200. :)

• 2 weeks later...

is there any reverse coleco to atari technology via some form of adapter to play this game on an atari system ?

or better still is there a rom of this game that i could download onto the 5200 multi cart ?

There is no Colecovision-to-Atari technology out there, sorry. And there's no easy way to port the game, as the Colecovision and the Atari systems use completely different processors. The only way you'll be playing Space Fury on an Atari system is if someone was to write a version of the game from scratch, which as you probably know, takes a long, long time with extremely little financial reward.

So your best options for playing this game are: (from most to least expensive)

1. Buying a Space Fury arcade cabinet

2. Buying a Vectrex and the homebrew Space Frenzy cart as dr. kwack suggested. This is a pretty cool option, as you get to play the game on an actual vector monitor. And the Vectrex has an awesome retro feel that just can't be matched by any other system.

3. Buying a Colecovision and a Space Fury cart

4. Emulating either the Colecovision or arcade versions on your computer. Not strictly legal, but commonly done nonetheless.

It's certainly a fun game. Best of luck in finding a method to play it that works for you.

is there any reverse coleco to atari technology via some form of adapter to play this game on an atari system ?

or better still is there a rom of this game that i could download onto the 5200 multi cart ?

There is no Colecovision-to-Atari technology out there, sorry. And there's no easy way to port the game, as the Colecovision and the Atari systems use completely different processors. The only way you'll be playing Space Fury on an Atari system is if someone was to write a version of the game from scratch, which as you probably know, takes a long, long time with extremely little financial reward.

So your best options for playing this game are: (from most to least expensive)

1. Buying a Space Fury arcade cabinet

2. Buying a Vectrex and the homebrew Space Frenzy cart as dr. kwack suggested. This is a pretty cool option, as you get to play the game on an actual vector monitor. And the Vectrex has an awesome retro feel that just can't be matched by any other system.

3. Buying a Colecovision and a Space Fury cart

4. Emulating either the Colecovision or arcade versions on your computer. Not strictly legal, but commonly done nonetheless.

It's certainly a fun game. Best of luck in finding a method to play it that works for you.

I guess a colecovision it is,as I have the boxed cart :)

I guess a colecovision it is,as I have the boxed cart :)

Check to make sure the power switch at least moves before you get a ColecoVision. Even if it moves it will probably need the switch taken apart and cleaned. The CV has a known issue with power switch. A dirty switch causes all sorts of issues like messed up sound and garbled graphics. I have a few "retro" game stores around me and all the CV units I've looked at in them (about 7) have frozen or very hard to move power switches. Good luck, CV is a nice system to have and worth the effort of getting a good one. :)