IGNORED

2600 paddle/driving controller on SMS

eric648

I know that 2600 and Master System controllers are cross compatible, but does anyone know about the 2600 paddle controllers or the driving controller? The paddle controller for the SMS is pretty rare and it would be nice if they were cross-compatible. Has anyone tried this?

I know that 2600 and Master System controllers are cross compatible, but does anyone know about the 2600 paddle controllers or the driving controller? The paddle controller for the SMS is pretty rare and it would be nice if they were cross-compatible. Has anyone tried this?

Nope. They weren't compatible last time I tried. If I get another Jap copy of Woody Pop, I can try a conversion.

Paddle will not work, paddle uses pin 5 and 9 for P2 and P1 line while SMS controller has +5v on 5 and button 2 on 9. Beside there's no game that handles analog input from paddle so it's no good to rewire the control port.

Driving controller can work but the games aren't designed for driving controller so no game will work with driving controller. If you have progrmaming experience, you could try to hack some easier game or create a game that reads the driving controller signal and make it work on SMS.

• 3 weeks later...