IGNORED

Anyone else get the latest "user agreement" from ebay?

AtariLeaf

We're writing to let you know that the eBay User Agreement has been updated to support policy and other changes. The updated Agreement is effective immediately for new members, and on May 31, 2011, for current members.

There is one key update to the User Agreement:

• Clarification is included about instances where seller funds may be held as pending in their PayPal accounts. eBay has at times requested, and may continue to request, that PayPal hold seller funds to help facilitate smooth transactions. eBay will make such requests based upon factors including, but not limited to, selling history, seller performance, riskiness of the listing category, or the filing of an eBay Buyer Protection claim. PayPal may also hold funds pursuant to their own Funds Availability Policy.

As with earlier updates, other changes have been made to keep the User Agreement up-to-date with our product and service offerings.

You don't need to take any further action to accept the new eBay User Agreement. If you choose not to accept the new terms, visit this help page for further direction.

Thank you for being a part of the eBay community.

Sincerely,

eBay AG.

Is this new? They can randomly and arbitrarily hold your money until the buyer says they got their item? How many buyers are going to take advantage of this and say "nope, no item" when they actually did and sellers lose both their money and item. I'm about ready to cancel my remaining auctions and just close my ebay account. Oh and their "help page", if you choose not to accept these new terms is a link to close your account. :roll:

I think it'll be back to just accepting money orders again.