IGNORED

5200 homebrews

tz101

I ordered Battlezone and Jr. Pac Man for 5200 tonight. Will I be disappointed?

Jr Pac-man is great. There is a bug in it when the moving special object hits a power-pellet it never stops destroying it making the level unbeatable.

I think someone has hacked it to fix that. Lets hope the version your getting has that fixed. I know they cost a bit but you should think about the atarimax USB or SD carts. You can drop these roms on them and play.

I have the final 8-bit version that has this bug fixed. Maybe somebody could convert it to the 5200.

Allan

Got my games today, and am highly unimpressed. Not with the game play, but with the condition of the games themselves. I could not get either Battlezone or Jr. Pac Man to go past their respective title screens until I scrubbed away copious amounts of blue-green oxidation residue from the Battlezone cartridge contacts. After much scrubbing, it now plays. Jr. Pac Man never did come to its senses, even after much scrubbing off of black residue with a cotton swab and alcohol. Its not my 5200 console, as my other games all play fine. I have contacted Good Deal Games and asked how to return Jr. Pac Man for an axchange. All this is frustrating and I wonder if they look at the condition or even test the games before shipping them out. :|

That sucks...... More reason to get a Multicart!

I'd have loved to see Enduro and Seaquest ported to 5200. :ponder:

Ah, I'd love to see Atari Invaders ported to the 5200. I like it a lot better than the stock space invaders for the 5200.

I wonder if the Apple Invaders port can be ported to 5200.... Thats got some nice graphics but the game play is a bit screwy, its way too hard to shoot the last alien....

We can hope and keep out fingers crossed.. :)