IGNORED

cx55 vcs adaptor issue ?

peedenmark7

okay...I just got in a new boxed cx55 vcs adaptor for my 2 port 5200 from Best elec.

My issue is the color seems way out of whack on this thing.. pitfall is so frigging green no yellows at all, pitfall2 is even worse.. ! Demon Attack and Donkey Kong are so pink its as if someone whacked the color way up on the TV.

My 52 works just fine with every game made for it, no picture issues at all.

So my question is :

whats going on ?

bad RF cable ? something bad in the vcs ? something that's easily serviced or do I send it back to best ?

It seems I am hitting for the cycle on system issues lately :(

thanks for looking !

Edited by peedenmark7

okay...I just got in a new boxed cx55 vcs adaptor for my 2 port 5200 from Best elec.

My issue is the color seems way out of whack on this thing.. pitfall is so frigging green no yellows at all, pitfall2 is even worse.. ! Demon Attack and Donkey Kong are so pink its as if someone whacked the color way up on the TV.

My 52 works just fine with every game made for it, no picture issues at all.

So my question is :

whats going on ?

bad RF cable ? something bad in the vcs ? something that's easily serviced or do I send it back to best ?

It seems I am hitting for the cycle on system issues lately :(

thanks for looking !

There is an adjustment "wheel" inside you can turn to adjust the color. You don't really need to open the adapter to adjust it if you have a small jewelers screw driver. If you look on the back of the adapter you will see a hole that allows you to make the adjustment.

I spoke with best yesterday and they said the same.

what I found odd was that they claimed that they burned it in and set the color to a one of their known functional 5200's.

how can that be if the box was sealed and the little tab to lock the box was visibly untouched anyway ?

weird.

I am going to do that adjustment right now !

thanks again guys !

I spoke with best yesterday and they said the same.

what I found odd was that they claimed that they burned it in and set the color to a one of their known functional 5200's.

how can that be if the box was sealed and the little tab to lock the box was visibly untouched anyway ?

weird.

I am going to do that adjustment right now !

thanks again guys !

That is weird..... I purchased an XF551 disk drive for my Atari computer from Best just a couple weeks ago. It was new and still shrink wrapped. I'm not sure if it was sold shrink wrapped back in the day. I think Best uses a shrink wrap machine. :)

If they do that is a little misleading . granted they probably have good climate control and shrink wrap to stave off any moisture damage in shipping.

but it was obvious that the box was untouched... there are always tell-tale signs in even the most minor of creases to those atari box flaps after opened...

I have ot believe this was untested... No harm No foul , as long as I can adjust it and dont have to return it... my time is worth more than the item & hassles of a return.

Still plunking away on this darn computer this morning... have to make that adjustment and report back :)