IGNORED

Reserve price question Anybody know?

stjames88

I have this listed:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1207104341291?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120710434129&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I have the reserve set at $1500.00. I wanted to have a reserve so that the BIN would stay up there for a while. Today I wanted to remove the reserve because I was satisfied with the action and am confident that I will get close to what I wanted. Ebay would not let me remove or lower the reserve so I contacted customer service. The tech dude informed me that there was a bid (proxy I assume) that was higher then the reserve and that is why I was unable to lower/remove it.

My question(s) is this: If the bidding stops on my item, will that bidders proxy automatically shoot up to my $1500.00 reserve at the end of the auction?? Does that bidder currently know that he has passed my reserve??

Thanks!

I have this listed:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1207104341291?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120710434129&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I have the reserve set at $1500.00. I wanted to have a reserve so that the BIN would stay up there for a while. Today I wanted to remove the reserve because I was satisfied with the action and am confident that I will get close to what I wanted. Ebay would not let me remove or lower the reserve so I contacted customer service. The tech dude informed me that there was a bid (proxy I assume) that was higher then the reserve and that is why I was unable to lower/remove it.

My question(s) is this: If the bidding stops on my item, will that bidders proxy automatically shoot up to my $1500.00 reserve at the end of the auction?? Does that bidder currently know that he has passed my reserve??

Thanks!

As soon as anyone bids any amount higher than the reserve, the bid will jump up to the reserve. Only when someone bids higher than the reserve will the item have a winning bidder. If nobody bids as high as the reserve, it does not sell and continues to say reserve not met. So obviously the high bidder has not bid an amount as high as the reserve no matter what someone told you.

Once there is a bid period, you can not change many other things but eBay says you can lower the reserve up until 12 hours before the auction ends; otherwise you can only add to description.

Edited by kheffington

Well, he must have meant that someone placed a proxy bid higher than the amount that I wanted to set the new reserve to. I wanted to set it at $10 more than the current high bid. You think I would be able to just remove it outright if I wished to as I paid $20 to have it in the first place. Oh well, guess I have to live with it now.

Well, he must have meant that someone placed a proxy bid higher than the amount that I wanted to set the new reserve to. I wanted to set it at $10 more than the current high bid. You think I would be able to just remove it outright if I wished to as I paid $20 to have it in the first place. Oh well, guess I have to live with it now.

Not an eBay proxy bid or the item would already be at reserve. They may have set a snipe bid on vrane or some other snipe bid service. You should be able to lower it up to 12 hours before end but not remove it. Lowering it to current bid would make it high bid and take away the reserve.