IGNORED

Food Fight difficulty settings

chrisbid

a couple of questions

my 7800 is in Longhorn's shop awating an s-video mod, so i am currently without a system to find out the answers for myself.

so here is the deal, in june i will be hosting a small video game competition. one of the games suggested was food fight for the 7800. obviously, its a great pick. it is probably the best 7800 (near) exclusive, and its a game that a player new to the game could pick up and play right away.

but there is a problem, with 15 other games on the docket, i want to keep the average play time on every game on the shorter side. I am afraid of a ringer coming in and marathoning the game for half an hour or more.

so my question is when you select a higher difficulty (Advanced and Expert), what actually increases? more chefs in the early rounds? higher speeds? youtube videos seem to be set exclusively to intermediate

is there a suggested difficulty and beginning stage that would allow for shorter average game times and allow beginners to not be slaughtered on the first stage?

ProSystem Emulator

AtariAge Food Fight Page

Knock yourself out. :)

Seriously, I'll have to give it a shot myself to figure that out. I only ever played the game on easy or intermediate. Easy is just that - way too easy. I would say Intermediate is usually a good balance for what you're looking for. Just my opinion, though, and going on memory.

ProSystem Emulator

AtariAge Food Fight Page

Knock yourself out. :)

Seriously, I'll have to give it a shot myself to figure that out. I only ever played the game on easy or intermediate. Easy is just that - way too easy. I would say Intermediate is usually a good balance for what you're looking for. Just my opinion, though, and going on memory.

thanks for the link, but im a mac user.

ill eventually get around to finding out myself how it works

Yeah, the intermediate stage is probably what you're looking for. Advanced is too hard for beginners.

but what exactly ramps up in advanced?

I took a quick look at the source code and only saw two things that the difficulty effects. The first appears to be how fast the food that the chefs throw moves. The second appears to be that in the beginner mode the chefs will not sit on a pile of food and keep throwing it.

Dan