IGNORED

New Video Game Auction Site!

zeos101

Better than Feebay?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Will you check this site along with ebay?

• Yes
    • No
    • Mabee
  2. 2. Do you like the sites layout?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are the fees good compaired to Feebay?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hi my name is Mike owner of http://www.8bitjunkies.com a new auction site for video games and systems.

Use prmo code 8bitjunkies for 30 days of free basic auction listings!

All the fees are clearley listed on the site under site fees. I started this site because I'm just tired or all the high fees Ebay charges. You will find our fess to be about 80% less over all than Ebay

Please have a look at the new site and let me know what you think. Thank you for taking the time to read my post

support@8bitjunkies.com

• Like 1

Good luck and all that, and not intentionally being discouraging, but with gamegavel.com having been around for quite awhile, why would you start yet another auction site? Why not just support gamegavel against ebay?

• Like 3

...it is nice to have a site just about gaming...

That already exists. Actually, if you look around, there's already quite a lot of gaming-only auction sites (just none that anyone has heard of except for gamegavel).

• Like 2

Good luck and all that, and not intentionally being discouraging, but with gamegavel.com having been around for quite awhile, why would you start yet another auction site? Why not just support gamegavel against ebay?

The main reason I made the site other than over all ebay hate was just to see if I could make it so. I'm just 1 person and have some but not much EXP in PHP and what not

No offense, but this poll should tell you what you should do with this site. Let's be honest here. It won't make it, and you'll only have listings of common games that I'd rather get feedback on eBay for purchasing. Gamegavel is really the only legit gaming auction site. Pointless to make another. And I mean, the name is already dead in the water. Why did you call it that? You clearly have more than 8-bit games for sale. I'd assume otherwise if I just saw the site name.

Edited by Stan
  • Like 1

No offense, but this poll should tell you what you should do with this site. Let's be honest here. It won't make it, and you'll only have listings of common games that I'd rather get feedback on eBay for purchasing. Gamegavel is really the only legit gaming auction site. Pointless to make another. And I mean, the name is already dead in the water. Why did you call it that? You clearly have more than 8-bit games for sale. I'd assume otherwise if I just saw the site name.

I don't know why people have to be so negative. This is just plain rude.

Competition and free enterprise is what made this country great.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but opening a business for which there is zero demand on a whim in a half-assed way is not what made this country great.

I'm not trying to be rude, that's why I opened with what I said. People need to realize that not everyone can do everything. This site will need a lot, and I mean A LOT, of work to get off the ground. The name is horrible and misleading, the current content is weak, the current set-up looks like a first-time website designer put it together, and it looks more like a video game STORE than an online auction site. Free enterprise, sure, but keep in mind that all throughout our capitalist past there have been a lot of very, very bad ideas. Many of the worst ideas have tried to play off of ones that were already successful. Not trying to be rude, trying to be realistic. The competition he has already is just too much to even want to start. Everyone these days wants to have their own form of something, and all it does is take potential away from what's already there. Thankfully, Gamegavel is pretty solid at this point. He's not going to get there, he can try, but we know it won't happen.

I'm not trying to be rude, that's why I opened with what I said. People need to realize that not everyone can do everything. This site will need a lot, and I mean A LOT, of work to get off the ground. The name is horrible and misleading, the current content is weak, the current set-up looks like a first-time website designer put it together, and it looks more like a video game STORE than an online auction site. Free enterprise, sure, but keep in mind that all throughout our capitalist past there have been a lot of very, very bad ideas. Many of the worst ideas have tried to play off of ones that were already successful. Not trying to be rude, trying to be realistic. The competition he has already is just too much to even want to start. Everyone these days wants to have their own form of something, and all it does is take potential away from what's already there. Thankfully, Gamegavel is pretty solid at this point. He's not going to get there, he can try, but we know it won't happen.

Just remember Henery Ford dident make it on his first attempt :) As for the site I feal I have done a prity good job being only 1 person with little web design exp. I would be happy for suggestion for a new site name after all back in the day who thought Ebay would be the best name for a auction site ever?

Thank you for the kind words! Realy I'm trying here, atleast I have the guts to try and fail other than just do nothing :)

• 4 months later...