IGNORED

Wico command retrofit question

peedenmark7

Question:

What is the difference between a 5200 Wico command control #50-1043 AND the Wico computer command IBM #50-0110 joystick?

I ask because I have the computer command brand new in the box, Nobody seems to want it, so I am getting the Frankenstein bug to mod it to work for the 5200 rather than spend for a used one on ebay. I really dont care if its molded in off white or black...

even if I can mod the controller, seems as with all controllers back in the day , the manufacturer assumes we are all right handed, buttons on wrong side for alefty...

Edited by peedenmark7

Question:

What is the difference between a 5200 Wico command control #50-1043 AND the Wico computer command IBM #50-0110 joystick?

I ask because I have the computer command brand new in the box, Nobody seems to want it, so I am getting the Frankenstein bug to mod it to work for the 5200 rather than spend for a used one on ebay. I really dont care if its molded in off white or black...

even if I can mod the controller, seems as with all controllers back in the day , the manufacturer assumes we are all right handed, buttons on wrong side for alefty...

the rheostats (pots)inside are different values

and the plug is wired differently and the plug is male vs female

its easy to make an adapter just search out pc to 5200 adapter

Question:

the rheostats (pots)inside are different values

and the plug is wired differently and the plug is male vs female

its easy to make an adapter just search out pc to 5200 adapter

the pc controller to 5200 adapter uses capacitors to adapt it i suggest making a pc to 5200 adapter as opposed to modifying your joystick that way you could use many other pc gameport controllers

i also suggest adding a start button that way you can play most games without needing the keypad