IGNORED

Ultra Racer PC Controller

tz101

works for me

i find the controller fairly limited in use

other than pole position,kaboom,superbreakout,space invaders,galaxian

it works fair for gorf i wish the trigger was a ring instead of the little walls it really reminds me of the old futaba magnum 2 channel controller i used with my rc10

there is a switch on the side of the wheelbut i cant figure out what it does

• Like 2

OK,this arrived yesterday, but the reviews are definitely mixed. Super Breakout was a frustration because the controller appears to be out of calibration and the cursor only moves within a range toward the left side of the screen. I cannot get it to go to the far right side no matter what I try with the calibration slider switches. Any suggestions?

Galaxian was excellent, with the movement being unimpeded by the lack of calibration.

Pole Position was decent, although the car kept pulling to the left. Maybe because out-of-calibration?

Space Invaders was horrendous. The ship would not move side to side at all, although the fire button did work.

Finally, the game I thought this would be the coolest with was Gyruss. Suffice it to say that I was thoroughly underwhelmed. My ship moved to the 9 o'clock position on the screen and there it stayed. No amount of rotating of the controller knob helped. :(

i just tried my model on super breakout and it works perfect

i hate to ask this but is the adapter you are using with red capacitors or blue capacitors because i'm starting to think the blue ones may be out of spec

the left side calibration dial seems to be down for right and up for left movement try it in its extremes good thing about super breeakout is that it moves without pressing start so you can really mess around

make sure it is plugged in well also try kaboom

also try turning the calibration dial all the way up unplug the controller remove the cart then reinstall cart and reinstall controller and power on

also gyrus is not a 1 axis game left right only moves the ship left and right then you go up to get to the top

• Like 1

I don't have Kaboom!, though it is on my to-get list. As for the capacitors, I have two of your cables and one has brownish-red caps, and the other one has light blue caps. I have tried the controller with both adapter cables and get similar results either way. :|

If you ever play Remote Control car racing on a PC that controller seriously kicks ass! It's long been discontinued. I had one when it was brand new and later on got one for $5 at a computer show. It's the next best thing to a real RC controller. The ones I had were responsive and accurate.

Sadly, this ebay seller sold me a broken controller. Like Bohoki said, the left slider calibrates the left-right movement. I cannot get the controller to reach the final three inches of the right-side of the screen on Super Breakout, no matter where I adjust that slider switch to. :roll:

Sadly, this ebay seller sold me a broken controller. Like Bohoki said, the left slider calibrates the left-right movement. I cannot get the controller to reach the final three inches of the right-side of the screen on Super Breakout, no matter where I adjust that slider switch to. :roll:

it may not be broken it probably can be modded to work

• Like 1

As a rule, I do not return anything I have purchased. This is my first ebay return in my many years of buying on the site. I paid $20 for that controller plus $5 shipping and it did not covert the three right-side inches of my screen. I really had no choice, and the seller is free to relist it if so desired. I am hoping for better success with my $.99 one, but will see when it arrives. If not, then I will most likely keep it for the low purchase price I am paying.

Edited by tz101

If you ever play Remote Control car racing on a PC that controller seriously kicks ass! It's long been discontinued. I had one when it was brand new and later on got one for $5 at a computer show. It's the next best thing to a real RC controller. The ones I had were responsive and accurate.

I can't say for the PC (or N64) versions, but the PS-One version is *DAMN EXCELLENT*. Fortunately, on that platform (PS1), it conforms to the Namco Negcon standard, which was the "wheel" standard for that machine. It's the best damn thing I've ever seen on the platform, affords analog control (reliable, mind you) to many older PS1 games, and generally rocks. I'd like nothing more than to hear that the PC version rocks as well, but I'm at a loss to read that, so far.

I have one of these... had it for ages. I can't imagine how it would work for spinner games like Tempest, and doubt it would be very useful for paddle games.

But for racing games, it was magnificent. It offers a great deal of precision, while at the same time allowing you to make a radically sharp turn almost instantaneously.