IGNORED

Sic!Cart preorder

St(r)yker

Is there any documentation on the bank switching and memory area scheme? I am looking for a lower cost alternative to using AtariMax carts for future games. Then again shipping is much further away for me. AtariMax is in Cleveland, just a short hop from Buffalo along Lake Erie. Shipping from Europe probably be longer and more expensive.

Yes that was very useful. It may be possible to simulate an XEGS image with very little modification which modify the memory between $8000 and $9FFF. The memory at $A000 and $BFFF is always the same. Looks like these SIC! carts can map 8k banks into either memory area. However we are staying with Atarimax for 128K images, I already ported over to use that format.

I wonder if there is a cheaper alternative for games that are smaller like 32K or 64K. The people I work just with want to use 128K carts. We had some issues with the service that was flashing EPROMS for us, and why we decided to port over to AtariMax.

Trying to read through some of the confusing information on this thread. One of the posts on the first few pages said something about Do It Yourself (DIY) Kits. I just skim through threads that go many pages trying to get info. There are a lot of threads on Atari Age from people no longer producing stuff. If I know I would get mass orders for games likes Tempest Xtreem, Venture, (untitled RPG game) etc. I would order in bulks of 50 or 100. However we are already in the United States so AtariMax 1Mbit carts may still work better for us. I may consider SIC! for something requiring 2Mbit or 4Mbit. I do not have anything in the works going over 1Mbit.

What is going on with reprogramming the EPROM? Does that control how the bank switching logic works?

Edited by peteym5

• 2 weeks later...

I just recieved mine in the mail 10 minutes ago. USPS site kept bringing up the "Origin is preparing shipment "

Where can i find the manual for this btw

I'm getting that too. Maybe it will arrive tomorrow perhaps. Here is the Sic!Cart website.

Mike

yeah, i was actually planning on calling the usps customer service today to find out what the heck was going on because they were shipped out on the 8th and all it kept saying was that damn origin post crap. good thing i forgot to call.

thanks for that site btw, and hopefully you'll get yours this week

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last chance #2 :-)

- Sic!Cart with 4Mbit memory - 80 PLN

----------------------------------------------

- 2Mbit memory - 5 PLN

- Shipping to anywhere in the world 20 PLN

First run would be 5pcs, after this, i'll send all of You PM, and collect payments, then do the assembly and shipping of cartridges (Waiting time 3-4 weeks)

• 2 weeks later...