IGNORED

Mylar?

Have a bad controller. Need a new mylar to replace the bad one in my controller. Besides ebay where can I get one. Best and every one sells the whole kit. I just need the mylar not the whole kit. Doesn't have to be gold.

Unless it is easy to fix my current one like someone said put lines on top or something. Not sure how that would work.

I have a revision 9 and works great also but one in a while the buttons don't work unless I press hard. Or remove the controller and put it back in the 5200. So every mylar wears out eventually I guess. Anyhow best should redesign the site or hire someone.

Hmmm. That's interesting. I bought 2 new Rev 9's last year and they both have to be pressed hard until used awhile. My best controller is using an original Rev 7 and no upgrades, yet it works perfectly every time. All I did was clean it and reinstall.

I have two 9 controllers and 1 7 controller. One 9 would not work. Took it apart and tapped the kepad mylar button area with a screw driver and it started working. Reassembled everything and all is good. All buttons.

The other 9 works great no issues. Then today started acting up. Took it apart and noticed the start pause and reset had gold round foil buttons on it. Wanted to see what revision it was. So that is why I took it apart. It was also a 9. So I have 2 9s now. Anyhow after putting it back together (* , 7 , 4 , 1) no longer work. Not sure why.

And the 7 works great except the start pause and reset. And fire buttons never worked either. So took it apart and took out the mylar and saw sticky stuff on the fire buttons. Tried to scrape it off but couldn't. Got frustrated and gave up. Put it all back together. Now fire buttons work. Not sure how they started working. But at least super breakout works now and so does Galaxian.au Pole position never works not sure why even if I squeese really hard on the fire buttons on any controller but jungle hunt does great. And also(* , 7 , 4 , 1) no longer work on the 7. Not sure what happened.

And I have 1 wico with custom y cable baught from bohoki (twothousandman) on ebay.

Edited by 0078265317

The 7 is hopeless. I'm just going to get new mylat for that. Took it apart. Cut out a piece of tin foil the size of the pad and put under neath and same for start pause and reset. Now all works but only for galaxian. All buttons except # doesn't switch between 1 and 2 player and does nothing in jungle hunt where it normally switches between beginner normal and advanced. And start pause and reset work now but only in galaxian and no other game. Weird. So I'll just get a new mylar.

Get all new rev9 flex circuits and make sure all the buttons have metal contacts. Its easy to use a hole punch aluminum foil and some super glue. Use a tweezer to place the metal dots, be patient and let the super glue dry good before trying to install the buttons / key pads back in the controller.

Ive experienced a lot of 5200 controllers with bad wires. They seemed to work until you shook the wire. Also sometimes where the flex circuit goes into the wire harness is a trouble spot.

On mine (don't remember the rev #) several key columns did not work. I traced the faults to the gray vertical stripes which look like flat paint on the flex circuit. I have read that some folks have repainted them with conductive paint (like auto rear window defogger repair paint) but I just taped a strand of wire on top of each stripe and they all work now.

A bare strand of copper wire, thin and flexible enough to conform to the surface of the stripe. A narrow strip of tape keeps it in place (don't tape over the key contacts) and the assembled keypad grid presses it down to maintain contact.