IGNORED

5200 help please

sessiz

I just got myself an atari 5200 2 port system and it doesn't seem to want to read the games. I've cleaned all of the carts and I even tried cleaning the pin connector on the system. It powers on but I get nothing but a blank screen. One time I got a screen with a thick white bar going down the left side but I was unable to recreate that. Is this system dead? I'd appreciate any help that you guys could give me.

Most of the chips are socketed and easy/cheap to remove and replace. The trouble is figuring out which one and swapping them out. I have an extra deck for just that purpose. I pulled 2 out of it to fix my 2port system. Most of the chips are around $5 new from Best Electronics.

Most of the chips are socketed and easy/cheap to remove and replace. The trouble is figuring out which one and swapping them out. I have an extra deck for just that purpose. I pulled 2 out of it to fix my 2port system. Most of the chips are around $5 new from Best Electronics.

Is there a chip list online somewhere?

Actually I may as well just look for another working system in the meantime.

Thanks for the help zylon.

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/

This site is a little hard to navigate but they're on there. Best thing to do is call. I don't know how handy you are, but the easiest option is buy a new populated motherboard and you'll have a "new" system. 2nd easiest is find a known working one and swap chips one by one till you find which is bad, then order that one if not using spare for parts. I bought a 4port and it worked fine so I use it for parts since I know all the chips are good.

I just got myself an atari 5200 2 port system and it doesn't seem to want to read the games. I've cleaned all of the carts and I even tried cleaning the pin connector on the system. It powers on but I get nothing but a blank screen. One time I got a screen with a thick white bar going down the left side but I was unable to recreate that. Is this system dead? I'd appreciate any help that you guys could give me.

Chips usually don't go bad, capacitors would fail first.

Try TV channels 2 or 3 or 4.

Is there a chip list online somewhere?

Actually I may as well just look for another working system in the meantime.

Thanks for the help zylon.

This one would cause a black screen. GTIA

If it is, then it's a simple fix. If not, then back to the drawing board. Long-distance diagnostics aren't the best. :)

post-25215-0-20963100-1305077408_thumb.jpg