IGNORED

ROM Tester

atari181

It looks like a home made cart to play bootleg eproms. It may have been built in a clean room, but there's no reason why it needed to be. How does the guy know the back story of it anyway?

The seller is only repeating the info that was listed from the auction he won about a month or so ago his winning bid was approx. 15.00

I don't think I could even pay $15 unless if I'm missing something. Just grab a Combat game, solder in one of the eeprom holders (goes for about $7 on various component sites) and tada, $450 piece of equipment. Oh, and don't forget to botch the cart up to make it look official.

Just for the heck of it, I asked him why he was selling it at that price when it's just a modified cart.

His response:

"because is is a real piece of history"

That settles it, "is's" a real piece of history so it must be worth that much or more!

The seller is only repeating the info that was listed from the auction he won about a month or so ago his winning bid was approx. 15.00

you wouldn't happen to have a link to that auction would you?

Edited by SEgamer

Just for the heck of it, I asked him why he was selling it at that price when it's just a modified cart.

His response:

That settles it, "is's" a real piece of history so it must be worth that much or more!

Nope, I searched through my archives, I guess I wasnt interested enough to watch or bid. Kinda looks like someone used a lighter and toenail clippers to fab that.

His response:

Nope, I searched through my archives, I guess I wasnt interested enough to watch or bid. Kinda looks like someone used a lighter and toenail clippers to fab that.

I bought a system a while back with about 40 games and the seller threw one of these in with some common loose rom chips. So much for a $400+ piece of history! icon_rolling.gif

post-29022-0-27574500-1305468068_thumb.png