IGNORED

Games i would love to see on the 7800

gooner73

I don't think a home version has been done on any console of the time has it? Appeared on any modern compilations?

No,and no :|

There is the NGPC version, which I mentioned in another topic. It's under the original name of Crush Roller, but it did have a US release. ADK made the original and SNK owns the rights, so there is no doubt that it's an official version. Edit: Missed "at the time". As far as I know, no official version back in the day.

Edited by BrianC

Did Galaga make it on there? 7800 Galaga is awesome.

Galaga was released on the Atari 7800 .

There was complains about it though in the past though. Galaga was a game that at least a couple people wished I added on a poll called "What Atari 7800 games need to be redone the most".

I created that poll back in December 2005.

Edited by 8th lutz

Did Galaga make it on there? 7800 Galaga is awesome.

Galaga was released on the Atari 7800 .

There was complains about it though in the past though. Galaga was a game that at least a couple people wished I added on a poll called "What Atari 7800 games need to be redone the most".

I created that poll back in December 2005.

You know, I have been reading 5200 threads all day, and somehow thought at the time that this was one of then! :D

Yes, I am familier with 7800 Galaga and quite fond of it.

Edited by toptenmaterial

A good Galaga, Millipede, Defender, Night Driver(arcade), Bosconian, 1942,...

MILLIPEDE!!!! probably wouldn't be too hard to hack the already excellent 7800 Centipede.....

I'm not a fan of Centipede in general, but love Millipede. I do have to agree that the existing 7800 Centipede is one of the best out there and might make a great base to start from. :ponder:

Opcode announced he was looking at a version of 7800 Millipede last year. However, I'm not sure if its still going ahead.

WANT. i try to avoid speculation on what games programmers should be making, since i don't know much about programming and if they put the effort into any game it will be ones they want to program. that being said, millipede does seem like "low hanging fruit" if you know what i mean :) .

I'm going to definitely agree with whoever suggested Time Pilot, because I sunk so much money into that game in the arcade that it was somewhat obscene.

Also, Frenzy, because if one wants to play that at home, one has to have it on Colecovision, and I know the 7800 could do it justice. Also seconded to Marble Madness, and Pac n' Pal, simply because that would then have the entire "Pac Family" of games on one machine. Finally, Sinistar. Love. That. Game.

2. Crystal Castles
  3. Tempest that makes use of the 2600 Paddles (I have no problem with sensitive paddle. One full turn of paddle = 360* on screen etc. Make it work.)
  4. Millipede
  5. Missile Command
  6. Arabian
  7. Chip's Challenge
  8. The Gates of Zendocon (this could be a nice hack of Trevor McFurs on Jaguar too)
  9. Bust-A-Move
  10. RoadBlasters

GET HOWIE WARSHAW ON BOARD FOR SPECIAL PROJECTS:

1. Yars' Return
  2. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial "Director's Cut" - ET done the way Howie wants to do it without factors of time or budget.

Most Desired Prototype: Electrocop

Also, I'd like to see a 7800 game from Thomas Jentzsch. I don't really care what it is lets say maybe THRUST+ XM or something I dont know but anything from Thomas is usually incredibly good.

Edited by Atari Joe

tempest with paddle support

Paddles have end stops so you can't do a complete 360 degree turn.

Driving controller?

desiv

As I said above:

I have no problem with sensitive paddle. One full turn of paddle = 360* on screen etc.

Or program the game so that its sensitive enough to take it around twice with one twist of the knob. That's much better than "it can't be done."

As I said above:

I have no problem with sensitive paddle.

I know, but "I" would prefer a driving controller for full rotation.. ;-)

I have used this setup on my Vectrex with some homebrews (including some Tempest clones) and it works very well...

desiv

As I said above:

I have no problem with sensitive paddle.

I know, but "I" would prefer a driving controller for full rotation.. ;-)

I have used this setup on my Vectrex with some homebrews (including some Tempest clones) and it works very well...

desiv

Yeah thats fine then do it that way. Driving controllers sound great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I don't really care what it takes just so long as its a real rotary controller of some sort. Tempest on the 7800 using the CX24 or even the CX40 joysticks would be nearly pointless.

EDIT - Hey I just saw that Groovy Bee is actually doing Tempest for the 7800 I didn't realize that was the case, none of the above was directed at him although his game looks AMAZING and I hope he uses a driving controller or whatever for it. Can't wait for it and if its on the XM Tempest is reason enough to get one. Thank you.

Edited by Atari Joe

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I've been pondering this....

GORF

Roc n' Rope

Toki

Tutankham

Strider

and an Advance Wars/Fire Emblem style game. I'm trying to convince my brother to work on something like this with me since game dev is what he actually went to school for but I can't tell if he's sold yet. System Link XM Advance Wars would be a blast!

Edited by gorfcadet