IGNORED

I cut the back off my 5200

Ataritard

Dude, the back view of it looks like the tail end of a Japanese sports car now. All you need are red lights in the cutout parts and a silver tailpipe. Nice work.

That's a good idea. I couldn't think of a good way to cover the back but, LED's for brake lights and dual exhaust pipes coming out of the back would kick ass! Especially since it would go along with the Pole Position themed paddle controller I made.

• Like 1

Dude, the back view of it looks like the tail end of a Japanese sports car now. All you need are red lights in the cutout parts and a silver tailpipe. Nice work.

I was thinking the same thing LOL

Its probably been mentioned before but why did they make it so big anyway?

Back then the general consensus was bigger is better or something like that. Not sure why they made it so big.

@Ataritard, you can cut reflectors from bicycle wheels and set LEDs behind them, I think that would look pretty good. For the silver pipes you can break a bunch of dollar store "silver" pens and there you go. Just brainstorming.

I like my consoles the same way I like my women. Big and black.

post-997-0-28370000-1305997757_thumb.jpg

:lust:

:ponder:

Isn't that Eddie Murphy?

AX

No. Her name is Pam and she weighs 520.0 pounds. She was actually the inspiration for the Atari 5200 and why it's so big. I won't tell you where she can fit two controllers ;)

• Like 1

i like it.and i like your name.^_^

Thank you, Thank you ;)

It makes me wonder how small of a custom shell could be to fit it in. Could someone put the insides in a small wooden box with the cartridge slot and controller ports sticking out?

I would love to see an Atari 5200 handheld but I don't see it happening. This is as small as it gets without heavily modifying the motherboard, it's huge.

i like it.and i like your name.^_^

Thank you, Thank you ;)

It makes me wonder how small of a custom shell could be to fit it in. Could someone put the insides in a small wooden box with the cartridge slot and controller ports sticking out?

I would love to see an Atari 5200 handheld but I don't see it happening. This is as small as it gets without heavily modifying the motherboard, it's huge.

Yeah, I had my 5200 open one day. It's almost as big as my ATX full tower motherboard.

No. Her name is Pam and she weighs 520.0 pounds. She was actually the inspiration for the Atari 5200 and why it's so big. I won't tell you where she can fit two controllers ;)

Almost....Almost blew soda out of my nose. Thanks for the smile! :thumbsup: