IGNORED

My Pole Position Paddle Controller

Ataritard

Blew what up? Looks cool. What are those buttons on the side? And the wire sticking out of the back of the cartridge? And how did you get the cart so small?

The "toggle switch" on the right is hooked up to the vertical (to simulate a shifter) for hi and lo. The "momentary switch" on the left is the bottom button for gas (because holding that rubber button for four laps was murder on my thumb, and it looks cool). I modified and glued a spare Pole Position cart shell to the back of the controller to mount the switches. The cord is coming out of the controller.

• Like 1

Blew what up? Looks cool. What are those buttons on the side? And the wire sticking out of the back of the cartridge? And how did you get the cart so small?

The "toggle switch" on the right is hooked up to the vertical (to simulate a shifter) for hi and lo. The "momentary switch" on the left is the bottom button for gas (because holding that rubber button for four laps was murder on my thumb, and it looks cool). I modified and glued a spare Pole Position cart shell to the back of the controller to mount the switches. The cord is coming out of the controller.

Yes but how did you cut the cart so thin and why?

That controller is completely awesome! I'd love to make one myself. And advice?

Thank you. My advice is... Yes, make one. ;) but seriously, replacing the fire button is a must. If you want specific advice I am happy to help. You can PM me or just ask here. Thomas3120 has the best how to video on the subject though you have probably already seen it. He figured out the best way to mount the pot into the controller (I did mine the hard way).

• Like 1