IGNORED

Trak-Ball not working all the time…

Sonic R

a few weeks ago, I cleaned up my trak-ball and lubed all the bearings… it was working pretty good but on occasion, the y axis would not work or it would only move in one direction, just up or just down… I would spin the ball fast, or just give it a shake and it would work pretty good for hours of play - until the next day and it would start to do it again…

now it will not work at all - I have taken it apart, cleaned every bit of it and it only wants to move up… I've wasted the last hour and a half of my evening fooling with this and I do not know what to do now… I have Millipede on the way and I have been enjoying Centipede and it's because of this trak-ball…

of note, the x-axis works perfect, so I am able to play Space Invaders or Galaxian - but I'm not really in the mood for those right now…

I will greatly appreciate any help in with what direction to go in getting this thing working proper, every time! I hate to have to purchase another controller… there was one in a local shop but they want $50 for it :roll: I got two consoles, 15 games, and the trak-ball for the same price a few months ago…

Thanks for any help and assistance!

• 4 weeks later...

Also had this problem. My trakball worked as good as flawlessly. Then one day i got weird. I can move to the right very quickly but when I move to the left I only go a small distance before I stop. I have to roll the ball several times to get to the left while one roll to the right is enough to move across the whole screen.

I have managed to move quickly to the left if I roll downwards but that should'nt be... I have cleaned it but it still worked like that last time I used the trakball. Perhaps a more intensive cleaning is required?

• 4 months later...

I picked up a trak-ball recently and it isn't working at all. So Hopefully all it really needs is a cleaning.

is just the trak-ball not working or the whole thing? buttons, keypads, S,P,R...

I ended up having to switch out the y-axis opti-coupler (the black 'sensor' which the wheel spins in to detect movement)

Missile Command is a great game to use for testing the trak-ball