IGNORED

Atari 7800 controller options

VicViper

I'm sure everyone thinks the original 7800 controllers were awful, what are the other options? I know they made the nes styled European ones, but there pretty expensive and from what I hear not that great either. Where there any off brand controllers that support two button play? There are alot of great games that I would play if I had better options, including a few homebrews. any ideas?

convert a NES controller if you want a pad, or hack a Radica Space invaders joystick if you want a stick.

Telegames made a 7800 compatible joystick, same basic design as the pain-line stick, but a bit smaller. A slight improvement, but not much

link to the pitiful controler list

Edited by mimo

I actually *like* the original 7800 sticks. Sure beat the 2600 sticks, I can play a lot longer with them.

Of course, I seem a little different than a lot of people. For example, I HATE big sticks like the stuff Wico used to make, but others love 'em. Hmm.

Oh, and I have the European 7800 pad. It sucks, everything is too stiff and the buttons are not in a nice, ergonomic places. Too boxy, too--the NES controller got it right, Atari got it wrong.

I recently ordered some parts from Sparkfun, if I get some free time I'm making my own controller, my way.