IGNORED

2600 Heavy - What drove the price of this up?

SlowCoder

Paddles and Driving Controllers are original Atari-logo ones. They're much harder to find than the later version with just the text describing the type of controller.

I've found it easier to find the Atari-logoed paddle controllers (regular or driving) than the Atari hex joysticks. This auction says that it is the springloaded CX-10s, but I enlarged the photo and lightened it and couldn't see the hex discs on the controllers. Are they there?

Hex discs do not seem to be present to me. I would say there aren't any on those sticks.

My experience has been the opposite -- I have 3-4 of the hex joysticks but none of the Atari-logo paddles or driving controllers. Of course, my discs are missing as well, but the joysticks definitely are CX-10s.

I think it was just a crazy bidding war for the most part, but I will speculate that the paddles and driving controllers would drive the auction an additional $20-$30 in my book (I didn't bid on this auction, but if I would have I would have been willing to go $25-$30 more for the paddles/driving controllers).

I think I paid $5/ea for my 2 driving controllers. And I got my 2 CX10's (no hex discs) and paddles with my H6 for $20. So it seems the channel switch and/or awesome condition is what got it that high.

STOP POSTING F@#%ING EBAY LINKS HERE! :x

* feels the breeze as a poison dart arrow zips past his head * :D

Seriously, though, I didn't think this was really an eBay post. I mean, yes, it links to an eBay page, but I was asking for information on it. I wasn't trying to sell anything.

I'll try to be more vigilant in the future.