IGNORED

Wico Y cable?

Just wondering if anybody knows the answer. The y cable works great for my 5200 wico 9 pin. But the 15 pin stock controller that goes into the other side of the cable only controlls start, pause ,and reset. The fire buttons do not work. Is that how they were originally made or is it just my homemade y cable that is doing this.

All the Wico cable does is allow you to use the start, pause, reset, and numeric pad buttons on the stock 5200 controller. The directional and fire operations are handled by the Wick joystick plugged in on the 9 pin connector. Sounds like yours is functioning just as it was intended.

I am a lefty so it is hard to hold the left button and stick with right hand. So I was hoping auto fire with other joystick on all the time. And then use left hand to operate joystick. Like pole position or qbert hard too play lefty and stock gives hand cramps.

You could tape the fire button down on the wico.

There also exists a mod to turn a 2600 controller clockwise one quarter of the way, and moving some wires around, making it a left handed controller. Doing it with a wico controller would be a bit harder but I'm sure you could turn it into a dedicated left handed controller.

• Like 1

I tried clamping down the fire button and then heard a pop. Might of snapped something but still works so I got lucky. Tape aint going to cut it either.

Have you considered using a masterplay interface? Along with a sega controller perhaps?

Prodos8 makes one for around $20 that is excellent and reasonably priced IMHO.

I didn't know that but Prodos8 gave me an SNES for free once so he's ok in my book. Props to him. Maybe I will pick one up myself, in case my masterplay craps out one day.