IGNORED

Frogger?

On a serious note(not to be confused with my earlier sarcasm :) ) : This port of Frogger is so bad that almost no one has played it enough to have counted levels. I didn't give it long enough for one frog crossing. I believe it's just a modified A8 program so maybe the A8 guys know.

The game is excellent. The control doesn't mar anything once you get used to it. You press your direction and learn to press the firebutton once for each jump. Its not hard to get used to.

Levels info - I found this at my old 5200 reviews site. I don't even remember writing this!

http://cafeman.www9.50megs.com/atari/5200frogger.html

Did it finally beat the game. I have a real 5200 but that is too hard. But in emulation on slow mode beat all the levels. Using KAT5200. None of the other emulator programs works and even kat5200 is not perfect and has bug. But yes did all 5 levels. Then it repeat all over again except a snake on level 1 now but same colors as level 1, etc. Still stuck on level 4 so not sure what will happen but it will probably just repeat. There is no official end I guess.

Edited by 0078265317

The game is excellent. The control doesn't mar anything once you get used to it. You press your direction and learn to press the firebutton once for each jump. Its not hard to get used to.

I agree 100% with this. I always wonder why people make such a big deal about pressing the button. I think it is a fantastic way to deal with the analog controller of the 5200.

There is a hack that plays with no button press and its great to use with a masterplay interface or similar device / controller.

I quite like 5200 Frogger…

though I am not well with the button/joystick set up, I use the overlay and just play fine with the keypad…

now what I'd like to try is the Starpath Supercharger Frogger! it's the only supercharger game I don't have…

if you want to try supercharger frogger you just need to find a way to play the sound ive transfered mp3 over to mp3 players and ive downloaded like 300 roms converted to wavs and placed on cdr to play on a cd player into the supercharger

get over to the 2600 forum and search for supercharger that device is great

i think supercharger frogger is the best starpath had to offer

Levels info - I found this at my old 5200 reviews site. I don't even remember writing this!

http://cafeman.www9.50megs.com/atari/5200frogger.html

Gaming skill and/or practice will fix any "issue" with the "bad" 5200 controllers with most any game. People who play for 30 seconds then give up are missing out on a great game.

I love the 5200, and I honestly feel it's an underrated system. Having said that, there's no way its version of Frogger matches up with the ColecoVision version. It looks fugly and the control is a mess. When a game has these kinds of flaws and you blame the player for not adjusting to them, you're just making excuses for an inferior product.

I love the 5200, and I honestly feel it's an underrated system. Having said that, there's no way its version of Frogger matches up with the ColecoVision version. It looks fugly and the control is a mess. When a game has these kinds of flaws and you blame the player for not adjusting to them, you're just making excuses for an inferior product.

Are you serious? Graphically the 5200 version blows the CV out of the water! I would give the CV version the nod in control no doubt. But the 5200 version is far from fugly.

And yes I stand 100% behind what I've always said. The controls are only as bad as the player or as my signature says, a bad workman blames his tools.

Are you serious? Graphically the 5200 version blows the CV out of the water! I would give the CV version the nod in control no doubt. But the 5200 version is far from fugly.

And yes I stand 100% behind what I've always said. The controls are only as bad as the player or as my signature says, a bad workman blames his tools.

I agree with that. However you have to remember this difference in opinion is the same as the 5200 controller as a whole. Most people, if something isn't just natural, or if it is way different than what is "normal", or has any learning curve at all, they will dismiss it as being no good. It seems to be human nature.