IGNORED

Trouble with a false RGB TV

abaudrand

Hi,

I recently used a SONY TRINITRON KV-14M1B TV and I had no troubles using my atari 7800 with it despite the picture is not very colorful.

I've just purchased an old Amstrad 6128+ with RGB output and each time I plug it the picture is fine for about 2 seconds then it become bright grayish. I mean the black still black but all other graphics become bright.

I've spent some time finding manuals on internet but not exactly the same model. On the manuals they use a symbol for the RGB input that look like this:

_________
-> /  . . .  /
 /_________/

On my model , it look like this

post-26627-0-48864200-1307377040_thumb.jpg

I couldn't find a chart of symbol but is it a RGB input with a strange Gamma curb?

Anyone heard about this?

Edited by abaudrand

I'm using a SCART cable for the 7800 and for the Amstrad. Normally these ones output RVB signal compatible with some CRT display.

I've changed the TV to another brand and I don't have any issue but the display is blurry compare to a trinitron tube. this becoming annoying if you want to program on an amstrad, not for playing game.

From my memories, maybe it has to do something with pin 16. The signal on this pin will let the tv select between composite and rgb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART

Does your scart cable has this pin connected?

Thanks Roland, thats a good idea to check if the Amstrad deliver the right tension here. I'll ask my bro to bring his voltmeter friday to check the Pin 16. I've also found a way to enter into service mode but I also need a sony remote to do so.

Here is the link I've found that might interest other people who have a sony TV set:

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/sonypal.html

(link for NTSC also available)