IGNORED

Tunnel Runner Question

AtariLeaf

I've been loving this game lately and I was reading through the manual and came across this section:

Maze Mysteries

The more expert you become at TUNNEL RUNNER, the greater your chances of

running into some of it's many secrets including some mysterious maze magic!

These secret features may confuse you at first, but in the long run (pardon

the pun) they'll increase the challenge and make playing TUNNEL RUNNER even

more exciting!

Anyone know what this is referring to exactly? Maybe I haven't gotten far enough into the game but I haven't run across any "Maze Mysteries"

I think they're referring to the fact that the game starts to glitch out at the higher levels.

Tempest

LOL! Seriously? Is there any video of this happening? I used to have this game when I was a kid, and I really liked it a lot. I can honestly say I don't remember that from the manual which is surprising because I used to read them cover to cover. Might have just forgot it. That was a long time ago. How does the game glitch?

• 2 years later...

I've been loving this game lately and I was reading through the manual and came across this section:

Anyone know what this is referring to exactly? Maybe I haven't gotten far enough into the game but I haven't run across any "Maze Mysteries"

I can't remember how far I got in this game as a kid. I know I got into the 70's runs, and maybe even to 100. And I seem to recall finding some initials - on the door I think. I think I read somewhere the initials belonged to the game programmer. But I could be wrong about that.

I can't remember how far I got in this game as a kid. I know I got into the 70's runs, and maybe even to 100. And I seem to recall finding some initials - on the door I think. I think I read somewhere the initials belonged to the game programmer. But I could be wrong about that.

That's true but I think those are always there, not just at the higher levels.

theres this guy in the 2600 Hsc who has the world record kill screen for this game. His name is NorthCoastGamer. He might know.

Theres a video of NorthCoastGamer (Jeff Adkins) getting the kill screen. Both parts are an hour long total, but it might reveal something. I havent actually checked

Btw, thats only the first part.

Edited by Botbird208

That's true but I think those are always there, not just at the higher levels.

You are correct. I played it last night (first time in ages) and went through about 20 runs. I found the initials three or four times. The longer you stay, the more points you get. But if you hear the zots coming, best to run.

On the 2600 Connection easter egg web site page for TUNNEL RUNNER, we have some other bugs and glitches listed and pictures.

Also have the video of the complete game, all the way to the kill screen, courtesy of Jeff Adkins.

Check it out @

http://www.2600connection.com/eastereggs/26tunnelrunner.html

BTW, Jeff was the publisher of CLASSIC SYSTEMS & GAMES MONTHLY - a fine zine that was one of my favorite reads back in the early 1990s...