IGNORED

What do you guys use to clean your games?

anakedg

I used to have kit since my Atari/NES days, and well, the solution just ran out. 18+ years of use, so I got my money's worth. I'm looking to get something like the below auction. Idk though sounds like this guy makes this himself, is it safe for hands/games? What do you guys use? Opinions?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3903216173691?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=390321617369&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I use Armor All. What else would I use?

I meant more for the contacts, it was a serious question.

I could ask him directly through Ebay, however, I am more interested on the opinion of people on if it is harmful to the contacts themselves. It says that it contains "light solvents" I mean light is kind of an arbitrary word, especially if you have some guy just mixing this stuff up.

I've used this stuff for a few years and haven't had any problems with it, although I wouldn't lick my fingers clean. :) I'm too lazy to put a package of supplies together myself, I like the shammy-like cloth and the swabs. For the money, its a good deal to me. :thumbsup:

I've used this stuff for a few years and haven't had any problems with it, although I wouldn't lick my fingers clean. :) I'm too lazy to put a package of supplies together myself, I like the shammy-like cloth and the swabs. For the money, its a good deal to me. :thumbsup:

Does it work better than rubbing alcohol? I have used rubbing alcohol for years but it doesn't always work the first time on Activision and some other difficult to get working carts.

Yeah, if you notice that Nes solivent smells just like rubbing alcohol. So that is what I use and it works fine. You can get a the store for under a buck.

I was under the impression that alcohol was not a good method because NES carts say explicitly not to use it or any other solvents. I always had thought that the liquid was detergent based?

I used to have kit since my Atari/NES days, and well, the solution just ran out. 18+ years of use, so I got my money's worth. I'm looking to get something like the below auction. Idk though sounds like this guy makes this himself, is it safe for hands/games? What do you guys use? Opinions?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3903216173691?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=390321617369&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I bought a bottle of this a few years back.The biggest difference I could see was that his stuff didnt leave streaks inside the case after cleaning.

With alcohol,it always seems to have some streaking,that you have to continue to wipe

I also noticed it had a smell that was reminiscent of??

I asked "nerb" what was in it,but he replied secret formula

Anyway, another vote for swabs and alcohol

Does it work better than rubbing alcohol? I have used rubbing alcohol for years but it doesn't always work the first time on Activision and some other difficult to get working carts.

I must admit I haven't used rubbing alcohol, so I can't provide a comparison. I've been happy with it myself and am likely to order some more soon.

Yeah, if you notice that Nes solivent smells just like rubbing alcohol. So that is what I use and it works fine. You can get a the store for under a buck.

I was under the impression that alcohol was not a good method because NES carts say explicitly not to use it or any other solvents. I always had thought that the liquid was detergent based?

Ageed. I thought the same thing. But the game mags I subscribe to say that it is ok so that is what I do and it works fine so I just kept doing it. Usually the results are instant try it and see.